Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the bike for about a year and have spent about 2 months actually riding. I've spent a lot of time fixing the previous owners mods and fixing problems I've caused and in the process have just about torn the bike down to the motor and frame. I've learned a lot about the bike, the carburetors (which started the whole mess), wiring, oil changes (my garage floor will never be the same) and just last week learned how to change the oil on the forks. It's been a journey, but the bike is running great! I'm ready to start installing my own mods, but maybe over the winters, when I won't be so hurt if I can't ride while waiting for a part to come in the mail.

·
Registered
2011 Yamaha VStar 650
424 Posts
Welcome for southern IN!
Sounds to me like you need to get out there and enjoy your bike... You can save the updates for the winter months!

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
for me its always an easy decision:

its a beautiful day, what would I rather be doing? Modding the bike

or riding it?

[puts on gear...]

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,417 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin. I am up in th eplace where i have a lot of time weather doesn't allow me to ride. I have an 01 1100 classic my self. Only had one problem with it. Had the rectifier/regulator go out. Heck i love just shining the hell out of her. Stop by often a ton of very nice people here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! I'll take A picture of the bike today!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.
All done except my bike pic! I'll have one up this afternoon

·
Registered
756 Posts
welcome from Western New York. Enjoy the forum and stop by often. I am just getting my bike out from winter hibernation. Happy trails...ride safe.

Reactions: that1guy90

·
Registered
2010 Vstar 950. Candy Red.
1,054 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Dallas area. Get out there on the road and send us some pictures of NM.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like the pipes, but the whitewalls really look good on that. (y)
Thank you! Just put new tires on 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure which slip on are currently installed. I'm considering installing some new pipes from PCS

1 - 20 of 22 Posts