502 Posts
Reaction score
Maybe a Kuryakyn grip ?

Reactions: Strat man

· Premium Member
'18 SVTC
1,262 Posts
Reaction score
I believe you are dealing with LidLox helmet locks for Kuryakyn ISO grips. This website says you can buy new lock cores that come with keys:

They do show a limited number of key codes, so if that is marked on the helmet locks you might be able to find keys? Probably easier to just replace the cores with new ones. Looks like the old ones can be removed by pulling the 4 allen screws?

· Registered
23 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I took it apart, there are absolutely no numbers. Oh well, the only reason I wanted the key is not to use them, but the previous owner had a helmet secured to the left bar and must’ve lost the key, so they cut the buckle for the chin strap off. It is still hanging there, and very sharp! There is no way I can see to cut it out without damaging the endcap.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Hood
Finger Button Nickel Circle Auto part

· Registered
17 Posts
Reaction score
In hindsight, I should have just removed the locks, and just purchased new caps or weights. Would have saved me $$. I can rationalize it a little because the chrome was slightly pitted. Slightly. Live and learn.

· Premium Member
'18 SVTC
1,262 Posts
Reaction score
Probably too late, but Kuryakyn makes a nice "throttle boss" that will bolt straight on that works like a cramp buster. I had one on my Nomad and loved it. There are also knockoffs all over Amazon and EBay. I had the cheap-o knock off and it looked and worked well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts