Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening!
So I purchased a Baron V-Star Oil Filter Relocation Kit - BA-2640-00 Part #: 305933 Manufacturer Part #: BA-2640-00 from Dennis Kirk. There are 3 screws that hold the filter replacement part in place and the bottom screw is leaking oil. I attempted a new copper washer and also was going to try the factory screw, however it doesn't fit through the hole on the filter replacement part. Also, it seems I am going to have to relocate the rear break reservoir as that it seems to be in the way of the new oil filter. Seemed like it would be a relatively easy project. I have since put the bike back to the way it was and also leak free....but I'd really like to install that oil filter relocation kit. Thanks in advance for your feedback that may help get this thing installed properly.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,516 Posts
There is a rubber oring at the bottom bolt. It's easy to forget on installation. My oil relocation block leaked a little at first. I did have the oring in but still leaked a little. I loosen all bolts slightly and touqued the bottom bolt first. Fixed problem and never leaked after that. For the brake reservoir I bent the bracket slightly used a longer bolt with washers for spacing it out some. Hope that made sense.

Reactions: CanadianMohawk

·
7,516 Posts
Might be hard to see the master cylinder but maybe this will help. The zip tie is on brake hose to keep next to frame.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, I really can’t see the BF reservoir. Is it bolted in it’s normal place? How close can I get to the headpipe before it melts in city traffic?
I was thinking about bending the bracket forward even more that’s i already did, then drilling a new mounting hole down lower, on the spar.

The front wheel is off and I’m not sure about clearance there (no fender)

·
7,516 Posts
The bracket is twisted and the tab where reservoir mounts is bent some. I've had no issues in over 35k miles.

·
Registered
2008 vstar 1100 classic canadian edition
98 Posts
everything fits no need to relocate things

barons with replacement fat lines

1 - 8 of 8 Posts