Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my clutch seems to out of adjustment. my bike sat out in hot sun today and the clutch seems like the adjustment changed, it isnt nearly as smooth working and after i depress it , change gears and release , it doesnt go all the way back, i have to push it back to the full open position

where can i get a cable lubricator and do i need any special tools to adjust cable , or could there be other problems

it also seems it makes a bit more noise moving into gear after depressing clutch and reengaging it

thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
my clutch seems to out of adjustment. my bike sat out in hot sun today and the clutch seems like the adjustment changed, it isnt nearly as smooth working and after i depress it , change gears and release , it doesnt go all the way back, i have to push it back to the full open position

where can i get a cable lubricator and do i need any special tools to adjust cable , or could there be other problems

it also seems it makes a bit more noise moving into gear after depressing clutch and reengaging it

thanks
Update:
i stopped by a mororcycle shop and bought a cable lubricator and lube and lubricated clutch cable , reinstalled, and adjusted to recommendation per the vstar manual i have. i plan to ride tomorrow and hopefully this will help. the cable lube fixture worked nicely.

have a nice weekend

1 - 2 of 2 Posts