Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any feedback on a good highway peg setup and a studded driver backrest for a 2001 Roadstar Silverado 1600? I'm 6'3" and was thinking about a Cobra Fatty 1.5" freeway bar with the Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Dually adjustable pegs. Don't want the foot placement on the pegs to interfere with the brake pedal or toe shifter as some folks say is a problem with the Kuryakyn peg mounts that attach to the floorboards. Thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'd suggest looking into pegs on a highway bar. The offset type will allow you a lot of adjustment of the pegs fore and aft. You can only get them so far forward when they're mounted on the floorboards. At 6'3", I'll wager you're gonna need more room.

My personal choice is the Kuryakyn Dually ISO pegs. They're mounted low on my highway bar and angled slightly towards the back of the bike. This allows me to either use them with my legs fully extended, or while resting my heels on the floorboards.

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Motorcycle-Footpeg-Accessories/Kuryakyn-Dually-ISO-Highway-Pegs-with-Offset-and-1-1/4in.-Magnum-Quick-Clamps/175431.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw456hBRDQ4eqg8MzA2W0SJABI2gJ8ZpBTecU7bj2xa6Dcrt6rxhJbWfTTAuXDTp4wbhP83RoCGx3w_wcB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Peg question

Thanks for the info. As for me, I've been a cop in Colorado for 39.5 years and still enjoy working the street- now live in Canon City, CO. Use to be a motor cop on a Kawasaki 1000 back in the late 70s. Hope to retire in 5 more years so I have more time to ride. Just sold my 05 Harley Ultra Classic and bought this Silverado 1600 so I didn't have so much money sitting in the garage- is a fun bike to ride- never had ape hangers before........I'll get a photo soon. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts