Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i bought this 2001 v star 650 with 7500 miles for 2000.. great deal.. ok so questions.. please help me as fast as u can.. i wanna ride..

1.) it has floor boards they r wayyyy in like my knees r bent so where do i get extensions ( i think the first person brought them in so i mean 3 or 4 or even 6 in extension may not be enough..

2.) what kinda spark plugs does it take..

3.) i dropped it on the trailer so teh tank got tore up where can i get another for a good price..

4.) i got the lowering thing for the back that replaces teh top of teh shock or whatever in teh spring.. how do you get the spring off or how do you do this at all to install teh lowering peice

bikes black

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man i looked at that page but see here is the problem my florboards and shifters and everythign sit behind teh frame not in front of it ..... its like riding with my knees bent.. i dont even know is 6 inchs will make it that much better

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
there's some 6" ones on E-Bay search "Forward Controls VStar 650"

·
Registered
239 Posts
man i looked at that page but see here is the problem my florboards and shifters and everythign sit behind teh frame not in front of it ..... its like riding with my knees bent.. i dont even know is 6 inchs will make it that much better
Need a little info. What do you have - a Custom that someone installed floorboards on or a Classic which comes with floorboards? I've seen Customs that owners install the Classic/Silverado floorboards on and they sit in an incorrect position with the kickstand intefering with the toe/heel shifter and are set back.

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts