Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm from Mississippi, I'm new to the forum. I was wondering if anybody knows...What's the maximum size handlebar risers that you can get for the V Star 650 Classic without having to redo your cables. I know there's a lot of slack in the factory cables but I didn't want to go too high and the cables not reach. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

-Mark

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Where in ms are you from, and how about some pics of your ride? I was told when I had a 650 that 6" risers was the max you could go, however I just pulled mine up a bit and I was happy with it. I'd look on some of the aftermarket websites and ask them. Hope this helps. Ride safe and post often!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just added 2" riser blocks to my VStar 650 Classic and it wouldn't have handled much more. Maybe another inch, but definitely not 4" risers without some substantial rerouting. I never found risers that were 3" proper either, they were all 3.5.

I guess what's most important, is how much work are you willing to do in order to install your new risers? The 2" riser blocks bolted right on for me and were only about $30. If you get risers that are too tall, you're looking at eating a 15% restocking fee on $125, or putting some serious work into rerouting everything.

The adjustable riser kit is made my BikeMaster: http://www.bikemaster.com/handlebar_risers.html

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northwest Illinois. Glad to have you join us and look forward to getting to know you and seeing pics of your 650. 3 inches looked to be the max for risers on my 650 Classic. Any more and the cables would have not made it. Post often and ride safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts