Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my bike. I couldn't afford a HD, but really wanted to get a nice bike. A good friend of mine suggested the V-Star as he had owned one before and really liked it. So I bought this bike used, with only 3500 miles on it, and 100% completely stock. I started out changing just a few little things like removing the floor boards and putting on the extended forward controls, and changing out the stock grips. 2 years and a lot of sweat and cash later, I have custom fenders I made myself, a stretched tank, a custom made seat and custom paint. LED turn signals, a maltese cross headlamp and a side mounted license plate. 4" risers for my bars, Barnett cables and an upgraded barnett clutch kit. And finally I just finished an engine rebuild with performance cams and pistons, keihin 39mm flat side carbs, a dyna 300, and the very loud curb burner pipes. With the exception stretching the tank and making the seat, I have done all the work myself.

I hope you all like it, and please let me know what you think.

Caleb

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is my bike. I couldn't afford a HD, but really wanted to get a nice bike. A good friend of mine suggested the V-Star as he had owned one before and really liked it. So I bought this bike used, with only 3500 miles on it, and 100% completely stock. I started out changing just a few little things like removing the floor boards and putting on the extended forward controls, and changing out the stock grips. 2 years and a lot of sweat and cash later, I have custom fenders I made myself, a stretched tank, a custom made seat and custom paint. LED turn signals, a maltese cross headlamp and a side mounted license plate. 4" risers for my bars, Barnett cables and an upgraded barnett clutch kit. And finally I just finished an engine rebuild with performance cams and pistons, keihin 39mm flat side carbs, a dyna 300, and the very loud curb burner pipes. With the exception stretching the tank and making the seat, I have done all the work myself.

I hope you all like it, and please let me know what you think.

Caleb
Gonna bring this old thread back to life, hopefully you're still here! Did you have any problems with the Barnett clutch friction plates not having the single and double notches in the tabs like the OEM ones have?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts