Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My newly acquired XVS 1100 runs, shifts and handles great but there's a weird noise that's emanating from the front part of the motor as I'm coming to a stop that sounds like a warbling whir dependent on engine rpm... it's hard to explain but the only time I've heard something similar is when a reed valve on one of my air compressors was leaking a little air and the sound's cadence was relative to the compressor as it was slowing to a stop. I don't have an audio of the sound since it doesn't seem to happen when parked, only after I'm on the road and rolling to a stop in traffic when the bike is either in gear or in neutral. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,843 Posts
Is the IAS still hooked up. I've heard of of rust forming a hole and getting blow by through the hole. That's all that comes to mind.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The PO disabled the AIS... or I'm guessing whoever did the Baron BAK mod, however that's a good tip... I probably need to check the ports for the AIS and make sure they aren't leaking and drawing/blowing a little air. Tanx mang!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,843 Posts
Keep us informed. Of course if we're my bike I'd just figure the bike was bouncing farts out of me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts