Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a few replacement "thumb" screws that hold the saddlebags on the bike. 4 on each bag. These are the ones that have the plastic on them so you can quickly remove them to remove the bags. A few of mine have the plastic broken off them and it's a real biatch to take them on and off in a timely manner. I can take the one bag off in about 30 seconds... The other one takes 5-10 minutes to find pliers and get the screws out.

It was like this when I got the bike and while cleaning it earlier I realized that need to get on this and get a few replacements. I've checked around on eBay and some online stores with OEM parts but haven't found anything... Anybody else bought these or know where I can go online to get some? Maybe a part # for them?

If I can't find any soon I will just try my local hardware store... I just wanted to try to keep them the same.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure. I will post back tomorrow (I'm at work right now). I looked again today at diagrams for OEM parts on motosport.com and the saddlebags and their hardware were not showing up on there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are a few pictures. Maybe these are aftermarket? I'm not sure, they were on the bike when I bought it last summer.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Like Corsair, I have bolts holding mine. Well actually Phillips head screws. I would take one to your local auto parts store or hardware store and see what you find. Maybe they can order you something if they don't have it. You can also try a fastener company like Fastenal if necessary. From what I can see of the bag they look OE but not sure on the bolts. Only know what is on mine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a similar situation unrelated to a motorcycle. A large plastic knob that fit onto a bolt head had broken and was no longer functional. I took it to a friend who welded a piece of 3/16" diameter rod onto the bolt head so the bold could be turned by hand. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Like Corsair, I have bolts holding mine. Well actually Phillips head screws. From what I can see of the bag they look OE but not sure on the bolts.
Only know what is on mine.
Yep,me too, come new stock in 06 for me. Don't figger those are oem, but be neat to have huh? Make it a bit more easy,:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts