Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i've done some research and have a deal lined up with a local dealer. Bottom dollar is $6,200 for a 2005 Silverado with 11,000 miles. Is this a good deal? I've owned a crotch rocket and don't want to go that route again i want to cruise with my wife for several hours at a time and enjoy myself. I road my buddies 2000 Harley Heritage and that bike was a great ride but can't afford a harley. Is this a good deal? I'm leaning towards yes just wondering what your guys' (and gals) thoughts were. Thanks!

matt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wouldn't pay over book value in current used bike mkt

I see them on E-Bay and CraigsList just sitting and not selling. Same
ad comes up time after time. The local dealer has bikes from 06,
still on showroom floor. Most left are Honda, then Suzuki.....that's
new bikes. Used are also not moving either. Dealers have all kinds of rhetoric and BS. They just try and pretend the economy isn't bad. But the economy is bad and nothing is moving.

It's a buyers market....I would look around, find a different dealer.
There are a lot of used as well, many with low miles. Like I mean,
less than 5000. Check out your local newspaper, E-Bay and
CraigsList....there are a lot of good deals. No reason to pay over book value!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Gotta agree with DogFather on some of his points, but the variables are key on a used bike: how was it ridden, did they do maint on time, and on and on, the price you got could be a super deal or a bummer, depends. Check background if you can, go from there. Hope things work out for you. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Make an offer

Matt,

Some good points here. If you still feel you would like the bike some thought. Kelly Blue Book says $5,200 is average. So how much, if any would you be willing to pay from a dealer. If you buy a bike from an individual the warrenty ends when you ride away. Ask the dealer if they has any warrenty. I think you said there are no options on the bike. While options are expensive you get little for them on trade, but you could still consider them if there are any, that you want.

Make an offer, then leave. Many people don't like to give a sales person their phone number, I want them to call with an offer. So give the sales person your number make an offer and leave if they call with an offer with in your target its worth it.

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not bad. I got an 06' leftover Classic for $7.300 and put my own bags and shield on along with other extras.You can get good deals on leftovers and still get a new bike and if you finance it the rates are a lot lower.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the bike, it's amazing, absolutely love it. And with all the experience people on this forum have, this is my new facebook haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts