Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2005 Classic 650/1100 windshield

I bought a Clearview windshield with a slight recurve to direct airflow. I sit to low for this windshield to be any value for me. Windshield comes with instructions and will bolt to stock windshield bracket. It is 21" and slightly tinted... BRAND New. I used it once yesterday and reordered a stock windshield.. If you are over 5'7" this will work nice. If you are shorter then that...don't buy it.

The windshield cost me $170. I'll let it go for $125. plus cost of shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
You dont like it because you would be looking thru the windshield instead of just over the edge?

There are two ways to put a windshield on a MC. If its just about even with your nose, you can look over it and see better, but then its a very tedious trail and error to get the angle and height just right, and often you need to add fork deflectors to get the air up over your helmet, to prevent head buffeting at highway speeds. If you are riding below 60mph (wind speed) buffeting is usually not an issue.

the easy way to avoid helmet buffeting is to get a taller windshield, that you look thru. It puts more wind load on the engine, and you have to keep it clear to see, but you will never feel like your head is locked in a paint can shaker.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You dont like it because you would be looking thru the windshield instead of just over the edge?
Yep...I'm in the zone where I look through the recurve. I can put my hand on my helmet at 65 mph and feel no wind. The company that I bought it from will not accept returns after you peel the protective film off of it. Of course I read that part after I peeled the film off...duh:nerd:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have an 08 1100 and the clearview site says yours will also fit an 1100 however I have a Memphis Shades slim windshield (17 inch) with their trigger lock brackets and not the OEM brackets that the clearview requires. Otherwise I would be all in since I need a taller one to help with buffeting. Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an 08 1100 and the clearview site says yours will also fit an 1100 however I have a Memphis Shades slim windshield (17 inch) with their trigger lock brackets and not the OEM brackets that the clearview requires. Otherwise I would be all in since I need a taller one to help with buffeting. Good luck.
yeah...gotta have OEM brackets. Thanks for lookin':wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts