Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

2005 vstar 650 classic battery replacemnt

6K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  93133 
#1 ·
i am trying to find what battery i need for a replacement on my 2005 vstar xvs 650 classic ....
my old one wouldnt charge and i got fed up with it so i pitched it. later remembered i forgot to write down the numbers off the side of the battery.
now when i call autozone. they have a grab bag of information they reach into when giving me an answer. .so i thought i would ask here..
anybody know what size ? or if you have a 2005 vstar 650 what number is on your battery an whered ya get it..approx cost. ?
i know its a 12v however the numbers on the side, also reflect a certain size to fit in the battery box. .so any help would be appreciated. autozone priced me one that they " thought" would fit. i saidni dont need a " I THINK" i need a " I KNOW" .. sry fellas .. just fed up with people not knowing what theyre talking about an just guessing.

#3 ·
Do you have a Batteries + Bulbs store near you? They have the best battery I have ever used.( I thought I hit 2005 when I got the link, but all VStar 650 use the same battery)

#6 ·
The bad thing about conventional flooded batteries is that constant vibration kills them and the 650 is a bone shaker!
Get the AGM if you can afford it. About 100 bucks.
If you have time to wait, I can recommend this brand from Amazon...

#5 ·
Totally agree with AGM.

#10 ·
If there is an Interstate Battery shop in your area they will prob have your battery in stock... for a 650 maybe $80

you will find the best deals at batterysharks.com - you enter your make and model and they will have the OEM (correct) battery for your bike, for about $40 with free shipping in a few days

the one thing you have to check if someone tries to sell you a battery and you are not sure if its the right one: the battery posts have to be on the correct + and - side, or the cables in your bike wont reach

Reactions: 93133 and Bobber650
#14 ·
That's strange. @robbyk just posted info. Are they just out?

#19 ·
its ok to name your bike (usually it will tell you its name if you listen)

but naming the battery is emotionally risky... you get too attached... you dont break it off when its no longer healthy....

$10.... too bad you pitched it (lead acid batteries are something like 95% recyclable, if they weren't a new one would cost twice as much)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.