Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I bought my bike the center console ( speedo, tack, fuel gauge) had been replaced with a 2009 model.
My select switch and reset switch do not work currently . Everything else seems to work ,i.e. speedo , fuel gauge , tach , clock which I can't adjust .When I took the center console off I noticed that the wiring must be different on the 09 version as I have a couple of plugs that are not compatible .
Questions .............
What is the button for ?

It appears that the plug on the bike has two wires which I assume come from the select/reset switch but the plug on the console has 4 wires .
Can I wire this together to bring my selector switch and reset switch back to life?

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

Thanks for the help in advance .

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok,
After locating an owners manual online for a 2009 I've found that the mystery button is a reset button. I guess in 2009 they moved the reset button from the right handle bar to the button on the console . Why, I don't know.
This explains why the plugs are different. After studying the wiring diagrams, I cut the plugs off the wires and connected the wires with bullet connectors so now all my dash functions work .
Yippppeeeeee

Although I still have to deal with the button since my console has no hole for it .

I don't know if this thread will ever help someone else but it helped me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts