Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 06 vstar 650 with 2000 mile and it had been setting. I cleaned the carb it idles fine and it sounds good when you rev it up but when you get on it and take off it has no power. Once it gets going wide open it will do about 60. I have done fuel filter new gas air filter, there couldnt be much wrong it only has 2000 miles. This is kicking my but please any help

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
No power

Sounds like the bike sat a while. Try a half can of Sea Foam carb cleaner in a tank of gas. If no help check into carburetor sync. Sounds like some carburetor work was done could be out. Not sure sync would make that much differance but worth a check.

Make sure both cylinders are firing. Both cylinders and exhaust should be equally hot. Feel exhauust at rear of pipes a few inches back. Go slow don't get burned. If not check plugs.

Maybe by then some better ideas will show up here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm guessing you changed the air filter too? Not that 2000 miles deams for a change, but if the bike has been sitting, maybe some critters have made a home in the filter, who knows, its cheap to change. I also would syncronize the carbs, easy to do and not expensive if you make your own syncronizer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.