Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried installing the headlight, couldn't quite figure it out. Re-installed the factory headlight and now it won't work either no low or HighBeam and the high beam indicator light won't come on.
Things Ive checked
Headlight fuse 15amp it's fine
I believe the headlight relay two 30amp fuses they are fine.
Now what? ?????

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,074 Posts
Need to backtrack all changes you made. Are you getting 12 volts to headlight socket. Check all wires in headlight bucket to verify something didn't accidentally get pulled loose. There are some bullet connections in there that are easy to pull loose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since I haven't run my bike for close to 4 months. I didnt realize that the headlight doesn't come on unless the bike is running. I was trying to keep her in hibernatetion until the warmer weather was here and ready to ride. So I clenched my teeth started it up and wouldn't you know it. The light works.....😀now to figure out which of the wires that are attached to the harness go? It is a halo design that also has a signal light halo that activates when the signals are turned on.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
I didnt realize that the headlight doesn't come on unless the bike is running..
Humm, my 2005 1100 light comes on when I turn the key. I would actually prefer it to come on when the engine is running but I switched to LED as well so I guess it's not a problem.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I think they added the headlight relay in 2006, so the light stays off until the engine is started.

Whenever I fly in a jet, when they take off, the last thing they do is turn off the lights in the passenger cabin and turn down the air vents, it always makes me laugh.

"Scotty! Divert all power from life support to main propulsion, or we'll never get this 737 off the ground!"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could swear before I started messing with the headlight it came on with a key flick. Definitely going to have to research more into this. I'm wondering if I did something wrong but it's still working....

·
Registered
103 Posts
On my 08 1100 classic the headlight comes on when the key is turned on. Would be nice if it stayed off till the bike was running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts