Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He everyone,

I just picked up my first cruiser. It's a beautiful completely stock 2007 V-Star 1100 Silverado. I've only ridden it for the test ride, and home from the sellers house, and it ran great. I don't have a whole lot of experience with cruisers, as I'm a former sport bike guy. An help with known problems, maintenance tips, mod tips, etc... would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
The 1100 is darn near bullet proof.

Some people have issues with the starter clutch, but if you learn how to start it properly that is really not an issue. Some also complain about it beiung hard to change oil, but again, it's mostly overblown and once you do it a couple times it's not that big of deal. Other than that, expect to get 200,000+ miles out of it with proper maintenance. It's also easy and relatively inexpensive to crank out another 15 HP over the stock set up

If you're looking for one of the best bargains in a medium cruiser...that is the one.

HERE is a link to the V Star 1100 wiki Knowledge Base - New Owners Section. Go there and read.... it's got pretty much everything you need to know about the bike.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northwest Illinois. I have one of those permanent smiles since I bought mine. Every time I get in the saddle I am more pleased with the 1100. Post often and ride safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts