Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's coming from what seems like a vent hose next to the radiator on the bottom of the frame. I'll take a picture later today but it only does it when sitting in the sun for an extended period of time is this normal or do I have a clogged vent hose or vent system?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
it only does it when sitting in the sun for an extended period of time is this normal
Remember, fuel (like any liquid) expands with heat. Is this with a full tank of gas?
In summer, the gas is relatively cold from sitting in underground tanks, then heats up in the tank.
Leave it in the sun with a half empty tank and report back.

I fill up on either when leaving for work, or when leaving work for home, so the bike isnt sitting immediately after a fillup (for exactly this reason).

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I know on my bike, (2000 Road Star Silverado), it has a fuel tank breather hose. I believe it is designed to let the expansion on the gas to leave the tank so it does not explode. Looking at my manual, it looks like it follows the backbone of the frame & the back side of the engine, exiting near the kickstand hinge.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did just fill it up I'll ride it a bit down then report back thanks fellas
Remember, fuel (like any liquid) expands with heat. Is this with a full tank of gas?
In summer, the gas is relatively cold from sitting in underground tanks, then heats up in the tank.
Leave it in the sun with a half empty tank and report back.

I fill up on either when leaving for work, or when leaving work for home, so the bike isnt sitting immediately after a fillup (for exactly this reason).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update. I rode about 40 miles and left her in the sun for hours and not a drip came out. Chalk this up as a non issue when the tank is full

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've done that.. it's just overfilled and after the first ride it stopped.. I only top it right up now if i know i am going to be riding for a while right after filling it :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts