Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at replacing my turn signals, just wondering if these have running lights from the factory? I'm finding some LED signals with 2 wire and some with 3 and would just like to make sure I order the right ones the first time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,843 Posts
From my experience the ones with 2 wire are just turn signal and the 3 wire are turn and running light. Does yours light up when you turn on bike and blink when you turn flasher on, if so you need the 3 wire. Just open cover like you were going to change bulb and count wires to confirm.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From my experience the ones with 2 wire are just turn signal and the 3 wire are turn and running light. Does yours light up when you turn on bike and blink when you turn flasher on, if so you need the 3 wire. Just open cover like you were going to change bulb and count wires to confirm.
Thought about that after I posted lol guess I don't have running lights.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,843 Posts
No problem. Not every bike, even same model have the same turn lights. It depends it anyone has added anything. That's why I always double check. The few times I didn't I was wrong.

·
Registered
2008 Vstar1300
346 Posts
I'm looking at replacing my turn signals, just wondering if these have running lights from the factory? I'm finding some LED signals with 2 wire and some with 3 and would just like to make sure I order the right ones the first time.

The question is which turn signals are you changing.. the rear is 2 wire (turn signal only) and the front is 3 wire (running and turn ) so if your looking aftermarket than you will need to accommodate as per location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts