Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did a VLOG about my 2007 Yamaha V-Star 1300. You can check it out my

I'd be interested for those that have this model, if they agree or disagree with some of my findings. I also do a bit of a comparison with a Suzuki Boulevard M50 which is the bike I upgraded from.

And for those that would like to just skip to the conclusion:

For the money, I think it's a great bike and I'm happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Great video! I have an 08 and honestly I can't complain one bit, there are some things they could have done better like a fuel gauge and 6th gear. I was considering trading mine in for a HD Street Glide but basically for some cosmetic things and gauges. I will agree that when the fan kicks on there is quite a bit of heat but its nothing major in my opinion. If you do the usual trifecta of full exhaust, air intake and a fuel module it wakes up that 1300 a lot! Plus gets rid of the jerkyness at low speeds. Its been so long since Ive had the stock exhaust on I cant remember what it sounded like but remember hearing the transmission something awful,lol. Its a great cruising bike for anything from city to shorter trips. I'll say it again though, I just wish it had a 6th speed and a fuel gauge, then it would be about the perfect bike! Im ditching my stock seats over the winter for a Mustang set with driver backrest, believe me once the novelty of the new bike wears off your butt will be letting you know after a couple hours! Enjoy the new bike.

·
Banned
137 Posts
It was quite a jump for me, from 1980 Honda CB900C, to a street cruiser. Miss the rpm guage and the snappy response. It took me a bit of testing to get the engine right for the gears, but now I run 1-4 on 55mph roads and 5 on the interstate. With this setup I get 43 two-up riding. I chose this bike for the mpg and ride reveiw of other people.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I would rate a little higher on most of the parts the video blogger rated. It is a fun bike for sure. I like the windshield height more than the reviewer. While I have a 2013 1300 Deluxe, much of the bike is the same. I do have the fairing and windshield. I actually like the sound of the bike as I'm not into the wake the dead pipes. I may drill the exhaust to increase the air flow.

I agree that the transmission is a bit clunky but mine has begun to smooth out some. (A BMW transmission it isn't). I also agree that the seat needs to be upgraded. Mine still has the stock saddle and pillion pad. My wife wants a better seat when she rides. I can tell when her back side gets numb because she starts wiggling. On our last ride she. started wiggling and I started to get numb too. I'm 6 feet tall at 185 and she is 5'8" tall and weighs considerably less than me-enuf said.

I like the performance as is without upgrades. But I am sure that as mentioned above a fuel management system, a high volume breather and low back pressure exhaust will "wake it up."

·
Registered
810 Posts
But I am sure that as mentioned above a fuel management system, a high volume breather and low back pressure exhaust will "wake it up."
This is true. I could have sworn the front wheel was going to come off the ground in second gear one day while I was testing things out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Doesn't look like this has been asked but what kind of camera are you using? That quality is freaking insane. Kind of has the fish eye of a Drift camera. Also great video man. I can't wait to get my V Star.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts