Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the dealer install new Cobra Lowboy Shotgun Exhaust, and a Kuryakyn Hypercharger. The bike has about 1900 miles. I am now having a problem with High Idle at stops ONLY after the engine warms after several minutes of riding. It runs fine before it fully warms-up. Also when riding, the RPM's are slow to drop when I let off the throttle. It is now back at the dealership, but after extensive trial and error with jetting, he is not much closer to finding the answer. The jetting was done originally per the Kuryakyn guidelines. He has checked for vacuum leaks, but says he can not find any. The other problem I noticed is that I get now a slight oil burning smell after the bike warms to temperature. My riding season is slipping away with the bike now stuck in the shop! Any suggestions????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Check the choke

Hey there, I have the same bike (08 Silverado 1100) and I had a problem with high idle as well. My choke cable was sticking. Took it in to the shop and told them that is what I thought it was. Mech looked at it and agreed. He put did some tinkering and lubed the cable with something and off I went. Haven't had the problem since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts