Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 V-Star Custom 1100. I have been noticing that on the Classic 1100's the front and rear fenders are different than on my bike. I would really like to get the Classic Fenders and put them on my Custom. Will Classic fenders fit on my Custom? I know the light assembly in the rear would have to be replaced.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Now this is a guess only from owning a custom and babysitting a classic for two weeks(both 2008s) it seems the back fender would bolt up easy enough but because of the difference between the front wheel sizes it would look really funny and also they maybe different widths so the whole front end maybe narrower on our customs and there are added front fork covers on the classic which changes the turn signals mounting. In addition to the turn signals the headlight mounts up differently. Not trying to discourage in any way shape or form but you may find it costs way more than you would think. But if you are wanting to really do it then find a downed bike with a good front end and buy it for parts. Just my input anyways

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey thanks for replying! I kinda figured the front end would be an issue (and costly). I think I'm going to lean more towards leaving the front end as is. I am more interested in the rear fender. I know that the wheel sizes in the rear are the same so I think you're right when you say that it should bolt up pretty easily.
Do you think I would need different fender stays or should my custom ones work?
If all matches up I thinking I might just need the rear fender, rear signals, and tail light.

Again, thanks for responding!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe they match but I dont have the Classic sitting in my garage anymore to go and find out. Just curious why would you wanna change the look to that of the classic anyway i mean if it is just for looks sake and no passengers intended then get a mobster rear fender from pacific coast star just a thought yet again

·
Registered
7 Posts
the mobster/gangster fenders 08100 is talking about look pretty sweet, but there not a direct bolt-on. you have to measure and drill the holes in the fender where you want to mount it to the frame,

I have a 01 classic and a 04 custom. i'll take a look tomorow and see how compatable they are/what it would take to make it work

·
Registered
6 Posts
fender

Hi there
i have a 1999 custom that i'm looking for rear fender and was given a fender from a classic but come to find out the custom fender is 10 inches wide verse the classic at 9 inches . The frmae over the wheel is different. But if you go mod style i would be interested in bying your custom fender.:cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wanted the same look but found the classic wont fit the custom. I just installed an ss custom cycle hugging fender on my 2008 v star custom. Easy install, great fender. Very happy with all the compliments my bike now gets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts