Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 V-Star Custom and just added farely large saddle bags to it. I moved the rear turn signals back with the tail light, and still dont have enough room. I would like to move them back a few more inches or eliminate them completely like with a turn signal/tail light combo. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had the same problem on a previous bike and the way i solved it was to mount some flush mount turn signals right to the back of the saddlebags. This of course only works if you plan on not removing the bags on a regular basis. I just put in some male/female connectors so I could take them off for cleaning, but otherwise they just stayed right on the bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is an idea that I have actually thought about doing. There is a pocket on the back of the back that would be perfect for mounting. What kind of light did you use? Thank for your help also.
Smalls

·
Registered
422 Posts

The ones I used where similar to these but not exact. You could use virtually any flush mount that looks good with your bike. They make some LED lights that you would have to cut into your bags but these just need 2 little holes for the screws. The toughest part is probably going to be finding lights that look nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HT and Dave,

Thanks, lots of good info. The good thing is the pocket thats on the bags. That will give me room to play with for mistakes. I like the idea. I'll keep you informed of what and how I do. Also if you can attach that pic I would love to see it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Try Clear Alternatives. I just bought an led combination tail light and directional that replaces the stock tail light assembly. I have added hard bags and added the light when I removed the directionals. This light is awesome! Very Bright and keep the look I was going for!
Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts