Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
When I turn my signal switch left or right the rear stop light starts to blink and both rear turn signals are very dim and weakly blink. The front turn signals blink bright and on cue. When either brake is depressed the rear light gets dim and not brighter.
I am trying to figure out what's going on. It seems someone got the wires crossed or shorted because the flasher relay sounds healthy clicking away. Any pointers would be much appreciated.
Ray

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike is a 2008 v star 1100 custom and all stock except for the paint. the rear turn signals are all stock and i cannot explain why the rear lights are behaving this way. Sick Mike,I having been living on that site for the last 24 hrs trying to absorb the info. Tomorrow i will use my voltmeter to check voltages at the connector under the seat. Something weird is going on wit my stop light acting like a turn signal...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well..solved my problem. Someone in their finite wisdom decided to leave the ground to the rear lights unattached. So I removed the rear fender and discovered the dangling ground, attached it to the ground screw and all works fine. Of course, a volt meter is indispensable in finding the problem. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts