Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2008 vstar custom 650. In June I had a guy pull out in front of me. He had no insurance and no license. I got hurt bad. But my bike got damage to the forks and to the headlight. I am looking at getting forks now. Was wondering if I have to strictly stick with 2008 vstar Custom forks or if different models and years forks will fit. eBay only shows a few sets for that model but they look the same as other models. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
I own a 2008 vstar custom 650. In June I had a guy pull out in front of me. He had no insurance and no license. I got hurt bad. But my bike got damage to the forks and to the headlight. I am looking at getting forks now. Was wondering if I have to strictly stick with 2008 vstar Custom forks or if different models and years forks will fit. eBay only shows a few sets for that model but they look the same as other models. Thanks for the help.
Hi Mitch,

First of all welcome to the forum from the Netherlands, and enjoy!

As to your question:

Sorry to hear about your accident, I do hope all is well with you now.

I am not an expert on the 650, but I would expect all forks for a Vstar Custom to fit, and possibly other Vstar 650 models’ forks in this range too. The former because they weren’ t changed over its lifetime, and the latter because they always looked the same to me. I think it was more about the design esthetic rather than different frame parts being used.

You could possibly even use forks from other models as well, but I would have to investigate that.

Kind regards, Wim

·
Super Moderator
4,481 Posts

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
The 650 custom and the classic have different size front wheels. The silverado is a classic with a factory windshield and saddle bags.

I dont know if the difference is just the wheel size (and fender) or if the forks are also different.

Before you buy anything other than the forks for a custom, goto a website like bikebandit.com and look at the OEM part drawings for your bike and any other bike you are considering getting forks from. The drawings will tell you if the same part numbers are used on the different models. If the OEM part numbers are the same, its the same part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts