Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering where the best place is to buy the bearings? My girlfriends V star started making a heavy clicking noise tonight. I trailered it home and found the bearings are shot. I haven't taken them out yet, I just pulled the wheel and the bearings are cooked.

Thanks for the help.

·
2,525 Posts
I buy my bearings from a local bearing shop. They're usually the same or better quality than OEM and often cheaper. Plus my local dealer seems to have to order everything. Just get the number off the old bearing (stamped on it somewhere) or bring it in with you and they can match it up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. I wasn't sure if it was a standard size bearing or something odd ball.

·
2,525 Posts
They may not be in some cases. I had to get my steering head bearings from a dealer. But wheel bearings should be pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not the wheel bearings I need. It's the bearings in the drive hub. There is a needle bearing on the outside and a standard bearing on the inside.

·
2,525 Posts
Oh, ok. They should still be readily available. My steering head bearing had an unusual notch on it that the guy at the bearing shop hadn't seen before. He could match up the bearings but he wasn't sure what the purpose was for the notch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts