Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have cruised the net for exhaust systems for this bike. It seems that Vance and Hines Big Shots are the most prevalent out there, but my dealer says they install alot of Hard Krome. What do you guys suggest to give a better sound (stock is downright whimpy sounding)performance jump wouldn't hurt my feelings. Prefer non-blueing, but they all say that,don't they?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Try YouTube for your bike and exhaust. There are lots of vids so you can hear it before you buy it. Most that say non blueing ust a chrome shield coering the actual pipe so it never gets heated enough to blue it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THX for the reply FullTilt1. I am leaning heavy toward the Hard Chrome 3" Big Straights. They sound good. Should one pick straight through or perforated baffles?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have cruised the net for exhaust systems for this bike. It seems that Vance and Hines Big Shots are the most prevalent out there, but my dealer says they install alot of Hard Krome. What do you guys suggest to give a better sound (stock is downright whimpy sounding)performance jump wouldn't hurt my feelings. Prefer non-blueing, but they all say that,don't they?
Nice bike!! i have the 2009 as well, my friend has an 07 and he put BUBS long shots and its the most deepest, powerful rumble i have ever heard. I want them for my roadie but they dont make them for 08-09 as of yet. i also like the V & H long shots and will more then likely put those on. Good luck!

Gargrey1700

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I just went to the Hard Krome website and they are only showing 99-03 Road Star 1600 pipes. Where did you see them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Should take a look at Freedom performance exhaust. I did and i liked them also, you can youtube the sound. I bought the 'true duals with the shark tail fins and they sound awsome on my 2009 roadie 1700cc. just totally awsome.

http://www.freedomperform.com/shop/?page_id=3&category=14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4WIisf1lsE

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cobra 2 into 1 Exhaust

I ride an 06 RoadStar Silverado. Cobra 2 into 1 HP Pro. You will surprise a lot of people with this pipe. I also added the K&N Big Air Kit & rejetted my carbs. It will give your bike a lot more torque and HP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Piss off the nabors

If you want to piss off the nabors thy searching for "Arrest me Please" these were around a couple of years ago but again noice control or enforcemnet or should I say tax colection ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Exhaust

I'v got V&H Longshots which came with the bike, however they were way too loud so I bought a couple baffles off of ebay and installed them. Their 8" and I'd really prefer to double them up and weld them togather, then I believe I'd have a livable exhaust note. As far as the look..... they follow form perfectly, especially with the accessorie slash-cut tips.

·
Registered
10 Posts
have made to choipce and droppin' $$ Saturday - 2009 Road Star Silverado...in a superb Black Cherry :cool:

Now to pick out some ax-cessories - Kuryakyn ISO Grips, Kuryakyn Dually Trident ISO Pegs, the Yamaha engine guard...and...

well, like y'all lookin' for, there's is that "sound" were all hunin' for...like the one on this V-Star 1300 -

Is there any way to make that happen without having to buy the BigAir kit, re-jetting and subsequently losing additional mpg's??? ... it's only rated 36mpg as it is...almost went with a Stratoliner for that reason...

Any suggestions are welcome...

Here's to a long and happy relationship with my new RS S

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have Hard Krome big straights on my 07 Roadstar and they sound great.I also installed a speedstar ignition module and jetted the carb

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have an 08 roadstar with FI and been thinking of putting on an aftermarket pipe too. i would like a little more power and rumble, but don't want it too loud, especially if the noise standards get tighter. the pipes are spendy and there are not alot out there for the FI models. check out the cobra pipes at: www.cobrausa.com

I like the HP Power Pro pipe the best. i'm told that i should not have to add an aftermarket fuel managment system for any pipes made for the FI models, however if you go with a 2007 or early pipe for carbuerated models, sounds like you would need a fuel management system for the FI , i don't know that for sure, but i'm sure someone on the forum would know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a set of Cobras with a K&K air intake. Love the pipes and the air intake. Although Vance and Hines are the best on the market. Although, I would also look into the Roadhouse Brand. You can put a two into two exhaust on the Road Star that looks and sounds fantasic!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts