Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after putting a bit of money down on 2010 1100 custom $9500 plus tax which is 13% i found a 1100 2009 custom for $6999 which is $2500 less plus the tax it works out to $2825 they are both brand new bike just non current i'm just not sure if i like the blacked out 2009 it has the flat black frame and motor is black not chrome what to do? what to do?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I'll tell you what a Harley buddy told me when I got my 1100. "Damn that's a lot of chrome to polish!" LOL The Midnites look pretty sweet, but a chromed out bike shines. Yup you got a hard one there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
after putting a bit of money down on 2010 1100 custom $9500 plus tax which is 13% i found a 1100 2009 custom for $6999 which is $2500 less plus the tax it works out to $2825 they are both brand new bike just non current i'm just not sure if i like the blacked out 2009 it has the flat black frame and motor is black not chrome what to do? what to do?
Real easy. If both the bikes were the same price, which one would you get?

Now buy it.

You won't be going, "I should have"... down the road.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Real easy. If both the bikes were the same price, which one would you get?

Now buy it.

You won't be going, "I should have"... down the road.
I can agree with that. Then again I'm stingy with the money. I paid less for the chrome when I wanted the blacked out, would rather ride than polish chrome. Just me. :)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Style

Well I don't think that I would let the $$$ or the cleaning of it make up my mind. I use the same soapy water paint and chrome and polish the chrome and paint with the same polish:D So the way I see it is what style DO YOU WONT.must had head up some thing after a reread I see both are custom in that case I would save every dollar I could.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Since you are pretty much stating price isn't an obsticale (although saving the $2500 bucks is nice) you need to go with what's in your heart as you will never have any regrets.

It never fails whenever I try to save a buck I always regret it when I'm at a stop light and what I really wanted pulls up next to me, I don't let that happen anymore!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i'm taking the 3 hr drive tomorrow to at least look at this 2009 custom i gotta see in person before i make up my mind something is telling me to stay with the 2010 tho maybe because we made the deal for 2010, 1100 and 2010, 650 on the last day of 2010

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Well, that is one of those different strokes for dffferent folks thing. Sugar Bear thinks there is nothing better than black and lots of crome, I love things that sparkle and shine(guess that's the old in me) 10, 09, I see no difference as far as age, they are both brand new, save money would be a good route,(just me) BUT if it cost a tad more, get what you want and will be happy with :D Don't spend a ton and not get what you really want. Ride safe.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Go black......I am

I'm out riding while the "sparkle boys" are sitting on their butts with a polishing pad and compound bitchin' nonstop to everyone that will listen about how much time it takes to polish up their baby everytime they leave the garage.....:D:D

·
Registered
148 Posts
2Stars,
What country are you in? I thought I remembered Star quit making 1100's in 2009 in the USA but wasn't positive. Went to Yamaha V Star website and only found 2009's. Yamaha did make the V Star 650 for 2010, but not the 1100. If your in the US, I'd check out the Vin # and verify the year. Doesn't seem like a dealer would lie about the year because the title is going to have the year on it, just check it out and make sure your getting what's advertised.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rs1300 i'm in Canada and they still make the vstar 1100 here sounds like 2011 will be the last year for them here anyways i think i change my mind one last time and will be going in the morning to change the paper work and i'm getting a brandnew 2007 roadliner 1900cc under my butts should keep me happy

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would have preferred a Midnight Star. I bought a leftover red 09 1100 Custom in October. I can safely predict that I will not be polishing chrome everytime I use it. I bought it to ride it, not polish it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts