Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there;

I have a 2009 vstar 650 classic, and my rear cylinder is not working properly. I've tried new spark plugs gaped properly, tested the spark with a spark tester and there is lots of it, new fuel filter, trading the coils from front to back with no difference (rear cylinder still not working), ohm testing the coils and they are fine, compression tested both cylinders and both are good at 95psi dry, and cleaned the rear carb (it was perfectly clean).

The bike idles fine, but under load only the front cylinder fires. If I drive down the road and pull the rear plug wire out the bike still drives, but if I pull only the front plug wire out the bike dies.

If i put my temperature gauge on the headers by the cylinder the front one is 100 degrees hotter than the rear.

I know several of you have had this same issue and hopefully have a solution. I drove the bike on a Wednesday and it ran beautifully, then started it Friday evening and the rear cylinder didn't work, could go 80km/h and that's it. The bike only has 6000 km on it.

Thanks
Ken

·
Super Moderator
13,052 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts