Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm on the hunt for a new bike. I'm upgrading from a 85 yamaha virago 700. I've got my eye on the vstar 950 and a local dealer has one for 6500 brand new, 7059 is the out the door price (taxes). Is that a good price for a 2009 model?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was looking on craigslist yesterday here in Boise. It looks like the local dealer here has 3 brand new 09's for $5360. Your choice of blue or red. I can't tell which part of the country your in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just to compare your prices, I payed 7500 out the door in February 2010 for a new 2009. 7,000 is way to high for a bike that is a month away from being two years old! Good luck, talk them down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in southern Indiana. The price of the bike is actually 6500, the rest is taxes and I guess 100 setup fee or so.

So besides me flying out to Boise, what's a good strategy to get these prices down. Just call around the local dealers and have them have it out on each other?

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Cheaper?

I'm in southern Indiana. The price of the bike is actually 6500, the rest is taxes and I guess 100 setup fee or so.

So besides me flying out to Boise, what's a good strategy to get these prices down. Just call around the local dealers and have them have it out on each other?
You do not say where in SO IN you are, but Hoefling in Washington advertises they have the lowest prices in the state, don't know if that is true or not but, I got my 1100 Silverado there. They were about 2 grand below the Yamaha dealer in Jasper (who would not come down a penny:mad:) That was in 2006 when I got mine, they also have a great shop. Just passin that along.:D Ride safe. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Not much help but we have dealerships here in GA that have 09 950, new for 5200 and 5600 for the Tourer.

·
Registered
135 Posts
All these prices sound good to me: the OP's, Boise, especially GA. I seem to remember 650s selling for >$6K out here in CA last summer. I bought a used 650 last spring, but have considered getting a new 950 (and I will if I can find one at $5200!).

·
Registered
778 Posts
All these prices sound good to me: the OP's, Boise, especially GA. I seem to remember 650s selling higher for $6K out here in CA last summer. I bought a used 650 last spring, but have considered getting a new 950 (and I will if I can find one at $5200!).
Yes, I was trying to get them to trade even for the one I bought last December. LOL. Brand new it was less that I still had on the loan for mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I ended up calling around and I found a dealer in Richmond, KY that had a few color choices and all of them were 5999.99. So it ended up being 60075.00 or so (75$ setup fee) and I was pretty happy with the deal and got the color I wanted. They even threw in a head sock for me for the ride back since it was 34 outside. Still froze to death, but it was worth it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Well I ended up calling around and I found a dealer in Richmond, KY that had a few color choices and all of them were 5999.99. So it ended up being 60075.00 or so (75$ setup fee) and I was pretty happy with the deal and got the color I wanted. They even threw in a head sock for me for the ride back since it was 34 outside. Still froze to death, but it was worth it.
Sounds like a nice ride, would love to see pictures

·
Registered
778 Posts
Really nice, hope you get to ride it quite a bit no matter what the weather.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts