Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well, I just got through spending a whole day riding Star’s newest cruiser around the gorgeous backroads of north Georgia. In the process, I discovered that riders need not spend upwards of $15,000 to get a stylish and competent cruiser.

In fact, the ’09 V-Star 950 fulfills the requirements of most cruiser riders, combining a classy visage with decent performance and a considerable presence. To do all that with a retail price starting at just $7890 is impressive to say the least.

A cursory look at the V-Star gives no clues that this could be a “budget” bike. It looks like a sizeable piece, but that impression diminishes once aboard – it actually feels and handles quite nimbly. It’s quite dexterous at lower speeds, and its handling on the open road is amazingly neutral. A low, 26.6-inch seat height enables short riders to feel in control.

More: 2009 Yamaha V-Star 950 Review - First Ride on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Went to the bike show in NY yesterday and checked out the 950. I currently have a vstar 1300 tourer and felt more comfortable on the smaller bike. Enjoy the ride. Stay safe.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im 5 ft 8 and am a new rider just bought the vstar 950 a fewweeks ago and find it quite easy to ride great placement on all controls and the andle bar position . I rode a honda cb500 4 years ago and find this bike very good since the cb 500 i learned to ride on was way to tall for me. Also i was afraid the bike wouldnt have the power i wanted but found out really quick that it has plenty enough power and then some. I love the bike overall the only two things i wish it had was a small tach and maybe a 6th gear lol well cant have everything right. Great design yamaha im sure this bike will outsell alot of other brands by itself

·
Registered
821 Posts
First ride and every ride has been a good one.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.