Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2005 Road Star Midnight, 2004 Royal Star Midnight Venture, 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe Midnight
111 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up my 2010 Strat Deluxe this week, I will likely get this season out-of the tires, but will watch for a sale to swap the tires over to Whitewalls, which I prefer on this style of bike.

What is the consensus (if that is possible) on the best whitewall tires for a Stratoliner Deluxe?

As a side note; I seem to be unable to post pictures... I have done so in the past but can't get it done now... any ideas? Account settings? Restrictions? New hosting sight? Thanks, Folks.
Tire Sky Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank

Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle Photograph Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Cloud Sky Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
660 Posts
Reaction score
Just picked up my 2010 Strat Deluxe this week, I will likely get this season out-of the tires, but will watch for a sale to swap the tires over to Whitewalls, which I prefer on this style of bike.

What is the consensus (if that is possible) on the best whitewall tires for a Stratoliner Deluxe?

As a side note; I seem to be unable to post pictures... I have done so in the past but can't get it done now... any ideas? Account settings? Restrictions? New hosting sight? Thanks, Folks.
Rectangle Font Circle Number Pattern

· Premium Member
'18 SVTC
1,279 Posts
Reaction score

Hmmm, I was able to post a picture as per normal (using the "Insert Image" icon at the bottom of the reply screen), so I assume the site hasn't changed. Hopefully one of the admins will have some advice.
Plant Bird Wood Bedrock Natural landscape

· Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
15,550 Posts
Reaction score
There's no site issues or restrictions on posting pictures. @Hoytcanon, if issue continues let me know and I'll research for you.

Here's a classic for your pleasure.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: Hoytcanon

· Registered
2005 Road Star Midnight, 2004 Royal Star Midnight Venture, 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe Midnight
111 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Somebody fixed something for me, for the past month none.of the badge icons at the bottom of the post window were active, then all of a sudden they were all up again. Thanks for the assistance to my unknown benefactor! I edited the OP to include pics of my NTM Strat Deluxe.

· Registered
111 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking around for whitewall tires and not having much luck with the stock rear 190/60-17 size... Metzeler 888 Ultra Whitewalls come in 200/55-17... does anyone think there is an issue with slightly wider, lower profile tire versus the 190/60?

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
660 Posts
Reaction score
Looking around for whitewall tires and not having much luck with the stock rear 190/60-17 size... Metzeler 888 Ultra Whitewalls come in 200/55-17... does anyone think there is an issue with slightly wider, lower profile tire versus the 190/60?
Nope perfect fit going with the 200 55r 17 is almost the same height as the oem 190/60/17 I just purchased a new rear tire on my stratoliner deluxe with a pirelli night dragon 200/55r/17
Brown Beige Rectangle Wood Handwriting

Brown Handwriting Font Rectangle Paper

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
660 Posts
Reaction score
Also you can reach out to a custom motorcycle shop they maybe able to help you out with the tires you want. Back in the day they used to hot press large white walls on motorcycle tires, and classic cars. I hope this helps you out with the issue good luck and be sure to share the information and pictures I will ask around down here and let you know if I find anything TTYL 👋

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
660 Posts
Reaction score

Attachments

· Registered
111 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope perfect fit going with the 200 55r 17 is almost the same height as the oem 190/60/17 I just purchased a new rear tire on my stratoliner deluxe with a pirelli night dragon 200/55r/17

Great, then I will give the Metzeler 888 Marathon Ultra's a try... a local shop has the whitewalls in stock, $250 CDN each.

· Registered
111 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tap on the attachment and see if another bike shows up at the bottom?
I do see a bike in another window, but nothing to indicate that it is from StarBike forum?

At any rate, I apparently confused "J&P Cycles" with the local company "J&B Cycles," so I will have to order the tires from Fort Nine... I will change them as soon as we get back from the Newfoundland trip.

· Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
15,550 Posts
Reaction score
The bike is mine. If a photo is inserted as an attachment, all attachments are grouped together when one is clicked on. It's the way the software operates. My bike is an attachment to my signature.

Reactions: Strat man

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
660 Posts
Reaction score
I do see a bike in another window, but nothing to indicate that it is from StarBike forum?

At any rate, I apparently confused "J&P Cycles" with the local company "J&B Cycles," so I will have to order the tires from Fort Nine... I will change them as soon as we get back from the Newfoundland trip.
I think it's lesbanks bike .but anyway,,safe travels my friend.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts