Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install a pair of LED driving lights to the lower forks on my 2012 Raider S. The Raider S has an auxiliary light switch on the right handlebar, between the engine start switch and the kill switch.

I'd like to wire the LEDs to this switch.

I was hoping someone out there has already done this before.

Are the wires for this switch terminated in the headlight bucket?

Is there a wire diagram available?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
61 Posts
Stole this pic from the RSR forum. The aux switch terminal is the white terminal in the bottom of this pic. I used vampire taps to wire in my lights. I guess you could order a connector but it's not necessary.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Auxiliary switch

I did this last night. There is a white clip that I cut off and you will see a blue wire and a black wire. I hooked up my LED red wire to the blue and the black to the black. Works awesome! I am working on hiding the rest of the wires now but ill post better picts later in the week.

·
Registered
40 Posts
LED lights

I purchase these on ebay for 75.00. Quality is awesome and I was pretty impressed with the complete set. The clips and remotes are all well made. Highly recommended them.
20170709_142355.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Actually, the white dummy plug could be used to wire the lights to directly. Not need to cut, or use vampire taps. Just pull out the rubber ends in white plug and pass your wire through to make connection. then, you can use the handlebar switch to turn on and off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good point but you still have to connect the wires. I solder the LED wires and used shrink tubing to make the connector waterproof. The switch works great with it...having a plug to disconnect would be nice but I'm not planning on removing the lights.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pictures

I am waiting for a few more items and I'll take pictures of everything.

Adding a USB charger that hooks into my tender when it not stored
LED lights
Speakers
BAM air kit with the K&M filter

PICTS coming soon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts