Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I know a dealer in VA that has an 09 Strat (new). Personally he wants too much money but if you have the cash...who knows.

·
Registered
85 Posts
There are better deals to be found. Where are you located?

Here's a 2012 new old stock in Florence, SC for almost $2,000 less.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2012-Yamaha-Road-Star-S-111819686
Not a bad price at all. The Silverado has very nice hard bags and a nice shield as standard equipment and they list price Is $2000 more than a stock Road Star S . I bought the Road Star S , a 2013 model, but would have liked to had the Silverado. I have added a Memphis Shades fats shield and some Viking hard bags and I believe they look good but not as strong as the stock stuff. I believe if you do a search that the MSRP on a Silverdo is around $15000. Jim

·
Registered
46 Posts
I purchased my 2013 Silverado new in Texas for $9999 from Burleson Power Sports. I was looking at a new 2012 at another dealership for what you are quoted but I told him he must be enjoying the drugs he was taking because there was no way that bike would sell for that price.
The day I went to pick up my bike the other dealer calls me and wants to make a deal. He would meet or beat the price of the 2013. I said sorry charley.
So shop around, I went on line and found several similarly priced bikes in my area. I traded in two bikes for this one and it's paid for. Sometimes you may have to drive a bit to find what you want but in the end it's worth it. I have two dealers in town with a couple more just down the road. I ended up in Fort Worth (160 miles) to buy the one I wanted. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts