Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2012 Stratoliner Deluxe with 17,000 miles and the dealer accepted my offer of $9,100.00 cash. Is this a fair price? do you think I can find something similar for a lower price? The bike is clean and ready to ride.
The dealer says this bike does not come with a GPS unit. Is this possible? I don't know much about this bike, but I thought all the deluxe models come with GPS. Bike has the power commander and pipes. This is the VIN # JYAVP22E8CA010503. Thanks for your help. I ride now a 2015 V Star 1300

·
Super Moderator
6,414 Posts
Hugo what research did you do prior to making your offer? I'm asking because my local NADA prices show $9100 is on the high side and that gps was not standard equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
I found a 2012 Stratoliner Deluxe with 17,000 miles and the dealer accepted my offer of $9,100.00 cash. Is this a fair price? do you think I can find something similar for a lower price? The bike is clean and ready to ride.
The dealer says this bike does not come with a GPS unit. Is this possible? I don't know much about this bike, but I thought all the deluxe models come with GPS. Bike has the power commander and pipes. This is the VIN # JYAVP22E8CA010503. Thanks for your help. I ride now a 2015 V Star 1300
That price is just below blue book, so it looks good

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I searched on Cycle Trader and could not find a similar bike below $9,000.00 and within 150 miles from my location. This dealer is asking $8,988.00 plus fees, tax, etc. So I offered $9,000.00 out the door, and he said the lowest he can go is $9,100.00 OTD. He is offering a 2 years warranty for like $700.00 more. Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
6,414 Posts
Since he's offering the warranty, that's a good incentive, they are certainly great looking bikes. Congrats on your new purchase, be sure to post some pics after you get er' home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I responded to this post on Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe Motorcycle Forum. I totaled my 2012 Strat Dlx - it came with a Garmin 665 and Apple IPOD (Mini?) that mounted to an adapter in the glove compartment. They were the first thing I pulled off the bike.

Ref.: 2012 Star Stratoliner Deluxe First Ride - Motorcycle USA
"A tank-mounted console with classic clock-style instrumentation complements the Stratoliner Deluxe’s lines. Instrumentation is fairly basic – analog speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters and odometer. The dial of the speedo is large and easy-to-read but a bit below the natural line of sight. But you can circumvent looking down at it all together because Star added a Garmin Zumo 665 GPS as standard equipment this year which has a speed indicator. The Zumo 665 flips down so riders now have nav, Bluetooth, real-time weather and traffic updates to go along with Sirius/XM satellite capability. The system is also integrated into the Strato’s audio system for further convenience. "

https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/yamaha/2012-yamaha-stratoliner-deluxe-ar117509.html

"Comfort, convenience and style. Three words that best describe the 2012 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe casual full dress tourer. The bike’s sleek neo-classic styling lines are only the beginning; it also has a hard fairing with an aggressive mini windshield and color-matched hard saddlebags, plus a handlebar-mounted, audio-controller that allows you to ante up on the volume of your plugged-in iPod. There’s also a a pair of large, color-matched, locking hard sidebags, making the bike an ideal companion for those short and long trips. For the 2012 model, the new features include a Garmin Zumo 665 GPS that comes with plenty of features, including navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius/XM satellite radio capability, real-time weather and traffic, road condition, and warning, among other things."

Something ain't right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts