Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think we have more of us here than we think. Since I have relatives all across the state I was thinking a meet up or ride.. It's doesn't have to be anything special. Just like meet here at 10 ride here , eat lunch , maybe dinner then ride home..

I have some friends who would come along but they don't own yamaha's ( it's a shame I now)

So let me know what the interest level would be..

Feel free to give dates,cool places to ride, or just general michigan talk..

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I'm in... Wife and I are over here in the Thumb - Cass City. Originally from CT. Favorite place to ride is Vermont. Been riding 50 years.

As far as what other people ride... that's one of the great things about our sport. Be bloody boring is we all rode the same brand etc.

I used to have 1800 Goldwing, I am still member of GWRRA... Really great bunch of people. Kind of funny cause you know more often than they care to admit some wish they had what I am riding.... Plus my Cobra slip-on keeps all of em awake...

Set a date for sometime in the Spring and if we can make the ride we will be there. Would love to meet some other Strat riders.

Just got the tank off mine today and installed K&N... Man that is a huge motor. It looks real big with tank off... I sometimes refer to this as "riding a locomotive" when I try explain to folks what riding a Stratoliner is like... Awesome powerband... love it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think it's so weird how everyone from Michigan explains where they're from by the shape of a hand lol. I get it that the state is shaped like a hand, but it still seems weird to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
652 Posts
God bless Michigan!!! I would'nt live anywhere else !!! I put up with the cold !!but I love the seasons ,and it's a beautiful place !!!!the people are good!!('At least most of them ) I'm in the middle of the hand if were going to the hand to tell what really are at (novi Wixom area) suburbs of the motor city !!!the D!!! Went down to Detroit today !!!to look at a job haven't been down there in a while, Oh My God!! ,like a war zone !!!!burned out houses!!!! stripped houses!!! ,windows out!!!, freaking terrible !!!!hate to see it happen !!!!come on back D !!! Not what I remember growing up and running around down there!!! inside of the city is very nice !!!but outside look out you will get yourself killed!!! Fo sho!!! Hopefully now that were making money in Michigan again we can clean it up and start new there I think there's a lot of good people trying to make it right but enough about that I would be open to meet up with some of my brothers from Michigan and not take a ride it would be good times!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still trying to decide on a date.
Would people like spring , summer or fall ?

Also I'm planning to ride around Lake Michigan in mid June if anyone would be interested..

·
Registered
25 Posts
late spring perhaps? We can also tie the meet up into a preexisting ride around here, (for example, Blessing of the bikes in Belleville on may 18th)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay so who is all going to the Belleville blessing of the bikes ? I might make the ride across the state to join you guys.. Is this a big event? I haven't looked up any info on it yet..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts