Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up fellows....Just got a new bike and signed up on this forum.
Im.from So Calif. I'm interested in chill rides in the area such as Ride for Autism etc.
Also got a couple quick questions. My Garmin gps keeps saying no battery connection . I removed battery and charged it but still get error. So I cant type in address or connect via bluetooth. ??? Do these GPS rechargable batteries die?
Next question, would a simple speaker upgrade give me a clearer more bass sound or should I just leave it alone?
Thanks,
Canyon Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Steve,

What part of So Cal? I am also in So Cal and just got the same year and model bike.

Mike

·
Administrator
3,510 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. I don't use GPS or have speakers so I can't help there. I'm sure someone will have some answers for you though. Love to see a pic of your ride when you get a chance.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin. I know i am not the fastest but what bike do you have? I am guessing an eluder? I can't answer the speaker question until i know. Glad to have you on the forum stop by often and share some pics. Better late than never.
I just saw the thread name. Are the speakers in the faring i am guessing. I don't expect a lot out of bike speakers.

·
Super Moderator
6,947 Posts
Welcome Steve from East Tennessee! I can’t help you much either, my music comes from the exhaust from my RoadStar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,550 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Enjoy your new ride. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
204 Posts
Hello Steve and welcome from Virginia.

I'm sure a speaker upgrade would work in your case; I do not ride with a radio/stereo though so not a big deal for me.

Your GPS may need new batteries. How old are they? My Garmin is 6 years old and has been on my bike for the last 74K miles with no issue. I keep it plugged in to the cigarette lighter I installed on my bars. Then again, it may be time to get a new GPS; their cost has come down quite a bit in the last few years.

I was stationed in San Diego in the early 2000s. I road a Magna back then and loved the hills around Warner Springs and out into the desert. Palomar Mountain is a nice ride too. Each December there are multiple Toy rides for the Children hospitals to go to.

Now, show us you bike please. I know, we see thousands of them but still get a tad excited for one more...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts