Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XVS650 Custom Liquid Silver
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2014 V Star 650 Custom for about two weeks. In those two weeks, thing was running like a dream. Went to go start it this morning. Turned the key and the spedo and lights lit up like normal. Pulled the choke out and went to rev the engine a touch as I always have to when I start it. Nothing. The bike just would not crank over. Wanted to see if there was any suggestions on what may be wrong with it. Bit of a noob when it comes to mechanics so please excuse me if I seem inept.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Take the cover off the battery, look on the right side of the battery, check the 8 mm headed bolts holding the larger wires on the relay, this will vibrate loose. I carry a 8 mm nut driver just for that connection.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take the cover off the battery, look on the right side of the battery, check the 8 mm headed bolts holding the larger wires on the relay, this will vibrate loose. I carry a 8 mm nut driver just for that connection.
Alright cool ill give that a shot

·
Registered
641 Posts
I am going to suggest another track, assuming your battery has life. There are a number of safety switches that need to be satisfied for the bike to crank... try it with kickstand up, bike in neutral, clutch pulled in, key on and engine run switch on and let us know if it cranks.
this link explains conditions for cranking...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to suggest another track, assuming your battery has life. There are a number of safety switches that need to be satisfied for the bike to crank... try it with kickstand up, bike in neutral, clutch pulled in, key on and engine run switch on and let us know if it cranks.
this link explains conditions for cranking...
I'll give that a shot as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts