Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see anything out there that is not in download form ? Been searching and everything cuts off around 11 or so that is in print form.....am sure they didnt change much but just in case....

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Comments like that won’t endear you to one of the friendliest and most helpful forums I’ve ever joined.

Your bike essentially only changed cosmetically in nearly 20 years. What’s available in print would still apply to your ride in every major repair item you’d need it for.

Sent from PG Meade’s iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found this on Ebay. Wow that 2011 cut off is everywhere.
Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom Service & Repair Manual VStar XVS650 1998-2016
thanks but that’s a cd version. Looking for a paper copy.

Comments like that won’t endear you to one of the friendliest and most helpful forums I’ve ever joined.

Your bike essentially only changed cosmetically in nearly 20 years. What’s available in print would still apply to your ride in every major repair item you’d need it for.

Sent from PG Meade’s iPhone using Tapatalk
Well see this is your second post.....just saying.....

and my post was sarcastic about the views.......

·
Super Moderator
2,876 Posts
It's 1998 to 2016 I think the 2011 manual will work just fine. I have a 2007 650 and there weren't a lot of mechanical changes made.

Reactions: Spectra

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,683 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
946 Posts
@Spectra I have printed entire manuals several times and used a three hole punch to affix the pages in a three-ring binder. I get it that this is not as cool as a published manual, but I can always replace a bad page if I inadvertently tear or smudge one.

I like the paper manuals my self as trying to go from page to page on the cellphone of laptop is a hassle in the repair process. I caught myself simply printing a few pages at a time when I only had a manual digital.

Reactions: Spectra and dmil123

·
Registered
641 Posts
I did the same for the owner's manual, shop service manual and supplement and also purchased a Clymer's manual. I would think an office supply store could do it from a pdf on a flash drive... but wont be cheap.

Reactions: Spectra

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update...............hit the local dealer and have a factory manual on the way..........yeah it was 80 bucks but would much rather pay that then deal with the computer and downloading things and then put them into a binder..........just not time for that right now.........hell if the smoke from the fires do not clear out I will never ride it again this year.........its getting old with all the smoke around here........

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,683 Posts
I bought repair manuals for years, still have them and love using them. Some pages are so dirty it's hard to see. I'm a tight wad now days. I have an old tablet that stays in my garage for just manuals and looking stuff up as needed when working on bike. Works well for me.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought repair manuals for years, still have them and love using them. Some pages are so dirty it's hard to see. I'm a tight wad now days. I have an old tablet that stays in my garage for just manuals and looking stuff up as needed when working on bike. Works well for me.
I have an old computer in the garage also...........but want the paper copy myself..........

I am one who is a tight wad also............ but when it comes to toys **** it there is no limit ;) wife always complains I wont buy clothes.......... but no issues buying leather............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts