Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have been reading about the Pod modification for V Star 1100's for over a year now. When winter set in this year I decided now was the time. I contacted Tim B. at Metric Magic and ordered his Dragon's Breath Pods. I already had his PMS screws on my shelf. I printed off the instructions from the WKB on the V Star 1100 riders forum and went to work. When I found a spring missing in one of the carbs and a shim missing in the other I contacted Tim and he got them right out to me. With the carbs on the bench I decided it was a good time to do the “solenoid shut off” mod and contacted Slick Mick. He also got the kit right out to me and it installed smoothly. I did the bench sync on the carbs while they were out and today when I buttoned things up the bike started right up on the first try. This proves that a 67 year old man can make modifications to these bikes with the right parts and the right help. I owe Tim B. and Slick Mick a ton of gratitude for all their help. Do not put this mod off because if I can do it you all can do it. When the snow melts I'll report in on the performance gain.

·
Super Moderator
6,790 Posts
Way to go OVSM,
Old guys rule! I'll be anxious to hear about your performance gains as well. Thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
You deserve the credit Bert....you did the work!...lol. Great job!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts