Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keeping it, but selling the stock saddle bags, bag frames and passenger floorboards.... read on. Well, I decided to keep it. I put it up for sale after buying my Roadmaster. I’ve been kicking around the idea of getting another bike for one up riding. I took the Vstar out for a ride tonight and man was it fun. I forgot how much fun it is to ride. Then the light went on..... make the Vstar my one up bike. I went home, took off the windshield, saddle bags and passenger floor boards. Back out for another ride and wow, giddy-up. Amazing what dropping 50 pounds and punching a smaller hole in the air will do. I’ll be posting an add to sell the bags, bag frames and passenger floorboards as a package. Basically everything listed here plus the floorboards and mounts. $850. Or make reasonable offer. Everything is in great shape.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Its mostly the windshield causing the aerodynamic drag, partly the saddle bags.

I built a few recumbent bicycles over the years, and wind drag is everything, weight is far less noticeable.

I only put my windshield on my 650 when I plan on riding on the interstate, or when its below 50F - its like having two different motorcycles.

And that is one reason I like having a trunk instead of saddle bags or luggage, the trunk is completely out of the windstream behind me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts