Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ALL, new guy to the forum here.

Ready and waiting to purchase a zero mile 2018 Eluder and while scoping it out all around, I looked at it from dead-on straight and could see the front fender was offset to the left, all of 3/8" from the tire. I looked carefully and nothing looked bent and I stood and scratched my head... showed it to the salesman who couldn't see it and tried to blow it off as nothing. BUT, I'm not posting this because I was seeing things. Is this normal? Can someone go out to their ELUDER and tell me "YES that's normal"? I would actually feel better if it's normal, but still find it hard to believe. What else could it be? Wish I took a pic but I didn't. Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hello ALL, new guy to the forum here.

Ready and waiting to purchase a zero mile 2018 Eluder and while scoping it out all around, I looked at it from dead-on straight and could see the front fender was offset to the left, all of 3/8" from the tire. I looked carefully and nothing looked bent and I stood and scratched my head... showed it to the salesman who couldn't see it and tried to blow it off as nothing. BUT, I'm not posting this because I was seeing things. Is this normal? Can someone go out to their ELUDER and tell me "YES that's normal"? I would actually feel better if it's normal, but still find it hard to believe. What else could it be? Wish I took a pic but I didn't. Thanks
I just looked at mine (new 1.5 months ago), it looked perfectly centered to me, so I measured it to verify. It is off between 1/16 and 1/8". Nominal measurement is ~7/8" from outside of tire to outside of fender. If it's 3/8" off, it would seem like something is bent or drilled wrong.

·
Registered
2018 Eluder
42 Posts
Checked mine... Picked it up with zero miles on a week or so ago.
Looks pretty well centered to me...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the info, measurements and pics. I didn't think YAMI would have manufactured that way, but wanted to check for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts