Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 576 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2018 Yamaha Meet and Greet

Click here to view our first meeting "report"

Hello ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.

Me and Keith Post discussed an idea of the forum members living around south east to meet sometime next year. We're thinking that one of those Maggie Valley Bike Rallies in Smoky Mountain area would be a great place to personally meet up and hang out together for a few days. Please, respond if you'd be interested in attending, we're trying to figure out how many of our members would like to get together and meet each other. Below is the link to the Maggie Valley Rally site, they hold it 3 times an year so schedule might be a bit flexible.

Meeting details:

1. Dates are Sep 20-22, we are meeting at Wheels thru Time museum on Sep 21, at 10 am. Please, see page 6

2. We have a block of rooms reserved at Waynesville Golf and Spa resort under "Yamaha Meet and Greet". Please, call 828 456 3551 and ask for Rita, she will answer your questions and help you with your room reservation.

Please, share/respond. Forum members and their friends from everywhere are welcome even though it is called "regional" as well as all bikes.

Thank you!

2018 Rally Dates - Maggie Valley Rallys

List of participants

Please, indicate if you're going to make it, not or it is to be confirmed (TBC). Green color - those who have confirmed.

Oscar (nurtaeff) - coming
Oscar's wife - coming
Tim (Oscar's friend) -coming
Cat (Oscar's friend) - coming
Keith Post - coming
Keith's Daughter - coming
Keith's Son in Law - coming
Brittct - coming
Brittct's dad Tim - coming
Bknight - coming
Bknight's friend - coming (sharing room)
patrickdk - coming
Darksider - coming
PI.GIRL - coming
ChiefGunner - coming
ChiefGunner's wife Michelle - coming
TheToymaker - coming
Mel Harris - coming
GARider - coming (22nd)

If I missed anyone I deeply apologize - please, add yourself and your companions to the list!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good idea for a southeast meet guys.. I'm interested

Out of the 4 events listed on Maggie valley's page (may/june/august/sep) the September rally is the most attractive to me. .

smaller crowds, less traffic, cooler temperatures, & generally less expensive to travel (lodging, fuel, etc) in the fall after labor day

just my opinion

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where do you usually ride up there? Too much traffic for me lol

We ride in a small group. Taking occasion routs on 49, 62, went to Asheboro a couple of times actually (Badin lake, our friends have a cabin there). Trying to plan our trip to Myrtle beach bike week next year.

I took MSF class at Cox's Harley.

After driving in NY city, LA and Hollywood downtowns I have no problem with traffic anywhere in NC lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
We ride in a small group. Taking occasion routs on 49, 62, went to Asheboro a couple of times actually (Badin lake, our friends have a cabin there). Trying to plan our trip to Myrtle beach bike week next year.

I took MSF class at Cox's Harley.

Nice! 49 is an awesome road to ride. Also, 134 I believe is the road that cox's is on. It will take you to troy and is a really nice road. Cox's is a great place, they do a lot for the community and I know the owners and most of the guys in there personally. Super nice and will cut you deals. Did you have rebbecca as an instructor???

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good idea for a southeast meet guys.. I'm interested

Out of the 4 events listed on Maggie valley's page (may/june/august/sep) the September rally is the most attractive to me. .

smaller crowds, less traffic, cooler temperatures, & generally less expensive to travel (lodging, fuel, etc) in the fall after labor day

just my opinion

Yes, September is a good time. We went to Cherokee this year to try new Yamaha touring bikes and weather was perfect. I vote for September as well.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice! 49 is an awesome road to ride. Also, 134 I believe is the road that cox's is on. It will take you to troy and is a really nice road. Cox's is a great place, they do a lot for the community and I know the owners and most of the guys in there personally. Super nice and will cut you deals. Did you have rebbecca as an instructor???

Yes! She was my instructor! We're friends on FB. Cox's is one of the best Harley dealers in Triad I believe.

·
Registered
254 Posts
September would be good for me also. It's about 870 miles from where I live in Canada. Will make a nice scenic trip there and back with the added bonus of getting to meet all of you.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
September would be good for me also. It's about 870 miles from where I live in Canada. Will make a nice scenic trip there and back with the added bonus of getting to meet all of you.

That'd be awesome man! Have you been at Blue Ridge Parkway? If not you're going to like it a lot

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Commenting this to keep at the top. Come on, guys, that'd be awesome meeting in September! Join us!

·
Registered
254 Posts
That'd be awesome man! Have you been at Blue Ridge Parkway? If not you're going to like it a lot

Nope, never been there before. In fact over the last 12 years I've been riding never did an overnight trip until last year when I went to Pennsylvania and New York state for a 1500 mile trip that I really enjoyed. This year going to a rally in Arkansas and this one.

Used to have a Suzuki VS800 and after that a Sportster so long trips were not that enjoyable. Upgraded to a Vstar 950 and now the highway is no problem and I enjoy doing the longer runs. I've heard a lot about the Blue Ridge Parkway and am really looking forward to seeing it and the area all around. Will be bringing a buddy of mine, he rides a Vstar 1300.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nope, never been there before. In fact over the last 12 years I've been riding never did an overnight trip until last year when I went to Pennsylvania and New York state for a 1500 mile trip that I really enjoyed. This year going to a rally in Arkansas and this one.

Used to have a Suzuki VS800 and after that a Sportster so long trips were not that enjoyable. Upgraded to a Vstar 950 and now the highway is no problem and I enjoy doing the longer runs. I've heard a lot about the Blue Ridge Parkway and am really looking forward to seeing it and the area all around. Will be bringing a buddy of mine, he rides a Vstar 1300.
Cool! So which date(s) do you have in mind? We have very few people interested, but we could still meet there if date(s) will work for everybody.

Guys, please reply with your ideas regarding a date as well. Then we can preliminary schedule our meeting.

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
A few things I’d like to add in trying to plan ahead for this. You don’t have to be just in the southeast to attend, however due to the large number of members there, Nurteaf and I both felt that should be the basis for a regional get together. The area we’re looking at is extremely biker friendly and a lot of scenic locations. Please share your suggestions/ideas. This would be a great way to meet and greet our members and share some ideas for our forum. We’re going to follow up monthly on this and during the winter months. Please feel free to pm us and let’s try to make this happen. Thanks members!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 576 Posts