41 - 60 of 576 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Count me in! Ya'll can celebrate my Birthday on Sept 22nd, No gifts....just money :wink:

Live in Blairsville, GA....'bout 2 hours from Maggie Valley.

Can probably add another Strat rider from Blairsville
Cool, man! Can't wait to meet you guys there in Sep!

·
Super Moderator
6,101 Posts
Gals you’re going to make it Darksider! I can’t thank nurtaeff enough by continually promoting this. I really hope that many of you members can attend, and you don’t have to live in the southeast to attend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Gals you’re going to make it Darksider! I can’t thank nurtaeff enough by continually promoting this. I really hope that many of you members can attend, and you don’t have to live in the southeast to attend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No need to thank me, Keith! I'm very interested in this meeting as well and looking forward to meeting awesome members of this forum. I'd like to thank you for supporting this!

We all should think of a good meeting place and riding routes. I'll give it some thoughts and post suggestions and everybody else is welcome to do so. NCDaveD gave a very good and detailed info about lodging and Diogenes415 listed some possible riding locations - good reference to start!

Thank you all!

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Possible Rides

From an earlier posting, follow this link and click on "FREE MOTORCYCLE ROUTE GUIDE" to see a good number of rides in the NC Mountains. I've ridden most of these and while the traffic can be tough on the weekends on some of them, they are all memorable rides: https://visitncsmokies.com/attraction_categories/motorcycle-rides/

Note that Waynesville is located on almost all of these rides.

I"m sure others have ridden these roads, so please speak up and let us know which ones you really liked!!!!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
From an earlier posting, follow this link and click on "FREE MOTORCYCLE ROUTE GUIDE" to see a good number of rides in the NC Mountains. I've ridden most of these and while the traffic can be tough on the weekends on some of them, they are all memorable rides: https://visitncsmokies.com/attraction_categories/motorcycle-rides/

Note that Waynesville is located on almost all of these rides.

I"m sure others have ridden these roads, so please speak up and let us know which ones you really liked!!!!
Man, you rock! Thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Getting my bike ready for this year "meet and ride". It's not a Yammy, so please, don't beat me too hard! lol

Missing my old Stryker... Wish I could keep it.
I will just have to keep swerving to miss the oil drips if im riding behind that HD :grin::wink:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Really looking forward to this! And don't worry Brittct, it's a Harley, won't be in front of you anyway, they're not that fast.LOL!!

Just kidding Nurtaeff, you'll probably have to tow my little 950 behind you so I can keep up with the pack.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I like renting a huge RV pusher and spending a whole day just driving back and forth on 'The Tail'. I'll gun it on the straights and then slow down to almost walking speeds in the turns. Apparently motorcyclists appreciate this since they give me the "you're number one" salute with their middle finger.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Really looking forward to this! And don't worry Brittct, it's a Harley, won't be in front of you anyway, they're not that fast.LOL!!

Just kidding Nurtaeff, you'll probably have to tow my little 950 behind you so I can keep up with the pack.
I ain't worrying man, guys at Stryker forum gave me really hard time when I told them I'm going to trade Stryker for a Harley. It was funny and entertaining ) I got my chromed cooking sheet with HD logo to catch the oil (only $300 at HD dealership, whatta deal!), a couple of mules to pull me uphill and installed a sandpaper to my shoes for brakes, I'm ready! lol

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Gents,

Let me suggest a meeting point - please, see a snapshot of the map. It is "Wheels Through Time Motorcycle Museum", 62 Vintage Ln, Maggie Valley, NC 28751

https://wheelsthroughtime.com/#/ms-2745/2

I say we meet on Sep 21st at 10 am.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome! We still need to choose a couple of good rides.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 576 Posts