Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The Canadians made it home today. Dave's bike broke down so one day we only made it 10 miles north. Turns out that he'd bottomed out a few times and cracked the fuel tuner housing. Water got in there and shorted it out. Took most of the day but the dealer in Ebensburg PA got it fixed and we made it the rest of the way without incident except for the constant rainy drizzle. As we approached the border the sun came out and we were smooth sailing the rest of the way home. Going to have to check his rear shock and adjust it. (Or he could go on a diet).

It was great to meet everyone and a special thanks to Toymaker for the guided tour. Everyone was so nice that Dave thought you were all Canadians. LOL!

You all have such nice bikes it was fun to check them out and see what everyone had done to theirs to make it their own. I turned 69 on Tuesday but Darksider has me beat by a long way. Hope I'm still riding at 80 and if I am I probably won't be as good as he is on that bike.

Thank you Keith and Oscar for putting this together. We had a great time!
Dan
Glad you made it home safely and Happy Birthday! That was a privilege to have you both down here - you've set a bar and no one has an excuse not to come now lol. Next year, same place, make sure shock on Dave's bike is adjusted and fuel tuner is wrapped in the sealed plastic!

·
2,254 Posts
It's a little further from NB than from Ontario but if I can somehow swing it next year we'll try to make it. That will depend on upgrading to a bigger bike though. With me and the wife on the 1100 plus our gear, I think it would be working pretty hard for a trip that long.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It's a little further from NB than from Ontario but if I can somehow swing it next year we'll try to make it. That will depend on upgrading to a bigger bike though. With me and the wife on the 1100 plus our gear, I think it would be working pretty hard for a trip that long.
That'd be cool if you could make it next year! Upgrade and come down! I bet some of the "SVTC fan club" members will chime in and try hard to "direct" you towards the upgrade option lol

·
2,254 Posts
That'd be cool if you could make it next year! Upgrade and come down! I bet some of the "SVTC fan club" members will chime in and try hard to "direct" you towards the upgrade option lol
If I were to even hint at spending $30k plus on a motorcycle we'd be roommates. I think a good used RoadStar will suffice and keep me from having to sleep in the garage. :wink:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If I were to even hint at spending $30k plus on a motorcycle we'd be roommates. I think a good used RoadStar will suffice and keep me from having to sleep in the garage. :wink:
Lol, I've been there, brother. Almost slept in the garage when mentioned that I want that Road King. Fortunately, local HD dealership came down 4k on the price and saved my ass from cold and hard concrete.

·
2,254 Posts
Lol, I've been there, brother. Almost slept in the garage when mentioned that I want that Road King. Fortunately, local HD dealership came down 4k on the price and saved my ass from cold and hard concrete.
I'd love to have a RK but when she saw the price I got "the look". Been married long enough to know when to stfu! lol

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,681 Posts

·
2,254 Posts

·
4,681 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Glad you got home

The Canadians made it home today. Dave's bike broke down so one day we only made it 10 miles north. Turns out that he'd bottomed out a few times and cracked the fuel tuner housing. Water got in there and shorted it out. Took most of the day but the dealer in Ebensburg PA got it fixed and we made it the rest of the way without incident except for the constant rainy drizzle. As we approached the border the sun came out and we were smooth sailing the rest of the way home. Going to have to check his rear shock and adjust it. (Or he could go on a diet).

It was great to meet everyone and a special thanks to Toymaker for the guided tour. Everyone was so nice that Dave thought you were all Canadians. LOL!

You all have such nice bikes it was fun to check them out and see what everyone had done to theirs to make it their own. I turned 69 on Tuesday but Darksider has me beat by a long way. Hope I'm still riding at 80 and if I am I probably won't be as good as he is on that bike.

Thank you Keith and Oscar for putting this together. We had a great time!
Dan
Well golly Dan, we would have celebrated had we'd known your birthday was coming up...

Glad you got Dave's bike fixed and home too. Tell him that I say he should lose a few pound and his bike will be happier..:)....JK It was great meeting you two...

Toymaker

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
If I were to even hint at spending $30k plus on a motorcycle we'd be roommates. I think a good used RoadStar will suffice and keep me from having to sleep in the garage. /forums/images/StarbikeForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
Just show her this picture of how comfortable my wife looks and maybe that’ll help!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
You betcha Oscar!! Although us SVTC owners are not into causing “divorce proceedings”! Lol!
I understand that the price range is steep for some. It was for me too, but my saving grace was that it was the WIFE’S IDEA! 😁

Of course Northern, you have another less expensive option which would be to get a trailer hitch and trailer. Then you’d have no problem bringing your “stuff”. I can’t speak to the comfort level of your ride though. Never rode what you have.

·
2,254 Posts
I wouldn't be bringing the 1100. I'm hoping to upgrade to a RoadStar next year. But all the stars would have to line up (no pun intended). I just started a new job so I don't know when I'll be able to get my vacation, and that has to line up with my wife's. I calculate a four day ride each way at 500 miles per day (if my wife can handle that long in the saddle) so it's going to be an expensive trip. Anyway, we both would love to come so we'll do our best.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I wouldn't be bringing the 1100. I'm hoping to upgrade to a RoadStar next year. But all the stars would have to line up (no pun intended). I just started a new job so I don't know when I'll be able to get my vacation, and that has to line up with my wife's. I calculate a four day ride each way at 500 miles per day (if my wife can handle that long in the saddle) so it's going to be an expensive trip. Anyway, we both would love to come so we'll do our best.

Do what you gotta do and if you will be able to come down next year that will be awesome, if not we understand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey PI.Girl,
Can you post the group picture of us all in the front of the museum? I would love to show my wife that we actually made some friends there.

Northern Rider,
I'd be inclined to trailer the bike if I were you. Our trip from Ontario was a total of 2,175 miles. That's a long way for anyone sitting on the pillion and you'll be looking at going a lot further than what we did.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey PI.Girl,
Can you post the group picture of us all in the front of the museum? I would love to show my wife that we actually made some friends there.

Northern Rider,
I'd be inclined to trailer the bike if I were you. Our trip from Ontario was a total of 2,175 miles. That's a long way for anyone sitting on the pillion and you'll be looking at going a lot further than what we did.
Here you go BKnight.... I had a blast hanging out with all of you.... remember I am the one that's NOT in this photo... LOL

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
4,681 Posts
Have y'all thought about dates for next year. I have to figure out logistics but do plan on coming. I have relatives west of Atlanta close to Alabama, it's still a 11+ hour drive. Could make that day one stop and finish drive up on day 2. Longest one day in saddle past few years was 9 hours, so 12 seems doable.

·
2,254 Posts
Northern Rider,
Yeah, that's one way for us. Like I said, it would be at least a four day ride each way. Trailering isn't an option. It would cost a small fortune to drive my truck that far.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts