Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont seem to see a 2018 Venture forum ? Have I missed it ? If not seems that'd be a good one to add. I took a long look at one yesterday. Pretty amazing motorcycle.

JUst something to think about, thats all. Thanx.

·
Administrator
341 Posts
Thanks jbasile, we can look into it. First, we'd have to see if the community also wanted to get the section added. We'll check back on this thread in a few days and see if other members of the community have added their feedback.

Niall

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Its probably the most significant new product introduction by Yamaha Motorcycles in a decade. Or more. If you are going to have a forum featuring "models" (which you do) I'm uncertain why you would leave out the flagship of the line and wait for people to respond to a thread with very few hits. Is that the process you used to initiate the other model forum classifications ? There is no poll option in this forum software or I'd gladly start one.

Oh well, no biggie. If I'm the only one asking...either no one here knows about the new 2018 Star Venture Transcontinental.....or no one cares.

EDIT: ps, I mean a Venture TC model category here on the Starbikes forum.....not a whole new forum with different URL.....just a simple addition to the models category list which has Bolt...650...1100..... Roadstar...etc. Just to clarify.

Thanx.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
I say yes to a new Venture category. There has been interesting threads started all ready about people taking test drives.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yamaha is going to get a lot of new customers for this model line, at least they are banking on that. If you want them to come here instead of somewhere else, it makes sense to add the forum. i'd recommend labeling it the "Venture/Eluder" forum.
I'd second this option. From my understanding they're basically the same bike just dressed differently.

·
Administrator
341 Posts
Okay great. I just set up the Venture/Eluder forum. Let me know if you have any feedback or it needs some tweaking. Thanks again for the suggestion @jbasile :)

Cheers,

Erik

·
Registered
909 Posts
Its probably the most significant new product introduction by Yamaha Motorcycles in a decade. Or more. If you are going to have a forum featuring "models" (which you do) I'm uncertain why you would leave out the flagship of the line and wait for people to respond to a thread with very few hits. Is that the process you used to initiate the other model forum classifications ? There is no poll option in this forum software or I'd gladly start one.

Oh well, no biggie. If I'm the only one asking...either no one here knows about the new 2018 Star Venture Transcontinental.....or no one cares.

EDIT: ps, I mean a Venture TC model category here on the Starbikes forum.....not a whole new forum with different URL.....just a simple addition to the models category list which has Bolt...650...1100..... Roadstar...etc. Just to clarify.

Thanx.
It's a tough call for admin to decide which models to dedicate an entire model category for. Just look at the traffic stats for the Warrior, Stryker and Vmax, not much going on there. As for the Venture, I think so far we've discussed the elusive Niken more than we have the Venture so whether it's deemed a 'significant' model has yet to be decided but honestly with $25K price tag I suspect as far as forum traffic is concerned, it'll go the way of the Warrior.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

Thanx.
It's a tough call for admin to decide which models to dedicate an entire model category for. Just look at the traffic stats for the Warrior, Stryker and Vmax, not much going on there. As for the Venture, I think so far we've discussed the elusive Niken more than we have the Venture so whether it's deemed a 'significant' model has yet to be decided but honestly with $25K price tag I suspect as far as forum traffic is concerned, it'll go the way of the Warrior.
I think you’re beginning to see that the SVTC forum was a good idea and is VERY lively & growing!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I vote yes on the new forum.
I agree we need to add this bike coverage to the web page. Tech problems good or bad.
Was done Carey back in June right after we mentioned it.
There’s a LOT of info posted already by many of us owners of the SVTC. Both good and bad and tech tips we’ve discovered since owning this wonderful touring machine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Air cooled. Big turn off for me, since a lot of my riding is in the deep southern heat. Granted, water cooled on a V twin doesn't really help all the much. But I'll take what I can get. Otherwise very nice bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts