Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since yesterday afternoon was the official start of the 2019 MLB Season, I found it to be a motivator for the thrill of warmer weather. I know some of our members up north are still dealing with winter weather, however down here we’ve had a complete week without rain!
Anyways, anybody have any early team predictions for 2019? I’m pulling for a Red Sox repeat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,455 Posts
Gooooooo, Astrooooos!!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Went to see the Rangers yesterday -- actually, went to see Mike Trout yesterday who is in town with the Angels. Everything about it was weird. Miserable traffic. A short heavy rain just as I reached the park. Empty parking lots. I was pretty early, but this was way odd. After wandering around the place thinking I was in some kind of Twilight Zone episode, a chinese guy there with his family told me the game was cancelled due to the death of an Angels pitcher. What a strange afternoon. Not as strange as the day that pitcher was having, but pretty strange.

·
Super Moderator
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We attended our AA team for the Cincinnati Reds last night for the 4th with my Nephew and Niece, Chris and Laura. She’s healing up quite well from her crash.
Our team, Chattanooga Lookouts won 5-2, and we stayed after the game for fireworks . Really nice show! IMG_0327.jpg

·
Registered
488 Posts
Keith,

Great way to spend the 4th! The wife and I went to local independent league game, Texas Airhogs. They lost, but it was a great day at the ball yard.

Happy Birthday, America.

·
Super Moderator
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It really was graybeard, and I hope you had a great 4th. It was very hot and humid at the start of the game, but a thunderstorm was near by and the cloud cover made it bearable all the way through the fireworks .

·
Super Moderator
4,455 Posts
First pitch, Astros vs Angels, tonight at Minute Maid Park. Goooo Astroooos!!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Went to see the Rangers yesterday -- actually, went to see Mike Trout yesterday who is in town with the Angels. Everything about it was weird. Miserable traffic. A short heavy rain just as I reached the park. Empty parking lots. I was pretty early, but this was way odd. After wandering around the place thinking I was in some kind of Twilight Zone episode, a chinese guy there with his family told me the game was cancelled due to the death of an Angels pitcher. What a strange afternoon. Not as strange as the day that pitcher was having, but pretty strange.
Truly sad about Tyler Skaggs. Musta been a heart thing. Newly married with a young child. Tragic!

...and sorry you lost out on an evening of beisbol. Next year will be better with the roof. I have nearly stroked out at Rangers games in July.

Big surprise for me this season is the Twins. How are they so good?

Astros rolling as expected despite a slew of strains, pulls, and cracks. Should be a fun 2nd half.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I kinda like farm club ball. You get a good game without the dramma and reasonable. I know of a couple of Brewers farm clubs. Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, Louisville Bats to name a couple. Heck the Timber Rattlers are on tv more than the brewers.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I kinda like farm club ball. You get a good game without the dramma and reasonable. I know of a couple of Brewers farm clubs. Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, Louisville Bats to name a couple. Heck the Timber Rattlers are on tv more than the brewers.
Absolutely. Minor and independent league ball can be a great way to see some baseball. Reasonable, parks are comfortable, always interesting. Pete Incaviglia is coaching the Sugarland Skeeters. Rafael Palmeiro was playing with his son for the Cleburne Railroaders last year.

Last year I put the motorcycle and minor leagus together on a 1500 mile Texas League ride. San Antonio Missions, Corpus Christi Hooks, Sugarland Skeeters, Round Rock Express. Favorite day was the Sugarland Skeeters.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts