Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 807 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,681 Posts
Weather is a little cooler if it's planned in October, but rain fall average goes down. So to me September or earlier October works. Definitely the Monday thru Thursday would help scheduling for vacation time, can be done all on one week and not having to depart middle of week to middle week. I will plan on coming this year if at all possible. It's basically 1000 miles one way so I'll have to plan extra travel time than most, except the Canadian folks.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Weather is a little cooler if it's planned in October, but rain fall average goes down. So to me September or earlier October works. Definitely the Monday thru Thursday would help scheduling for vacation time, can be done all on one week and not having to depart middle of week to middle week. I will plan on coming this year if at all possible. It's basically 1000 miles one way so I'll have to plan extra travel time than most, except the Canadian folks.

Yep, that’s the plan to do it Monday or Tuesday thru Thursday or Friday, Les. I’m wondering if there are other members living somewhere on your way so you could “grab” and bring them with you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
4,681 Posts
Yep, that’s the plan to do it Monday or Tuesday thru Thursday or Friday, Les. I’m wondering if there are other members living somewhere on your way so you could “grab” and bring them with you

I'm game to travel with any and all. I'll post my route as we get closer and see if I get any takers. I'm disappointed that not even 1 person voiced interest in wanting to go to the Lone Star Rally. Here is link:

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/68-u-s-south-central-ok-ar-la-tx/114434-lone-star-rally.html

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm game to travel with any and all. I'll post my route as we get closer and see if I get any takers. I'm disappointed that not even 1 person voiced interest in wanting to go to the Lone Star Rally. Here is link:

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/68-u-s-south-central-ok-ar-la-tx/114434-lone-star-rally.html

Yeah, that’s unfortunate. I’d come but with my very limited vacation time I’d be lucky to make it to our fall meeting next year (I’m planning to, but we have few other events including one week trip to Vegas and that’s half of my entire time off). Best of luck, Les. Looking forward to meeting you next year!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I can make it anytime....just remember we want to do this BEFORE the leaves fall...makes for slippery roads. The Area up around Little Switzerland has fuel and good roads....Not too far from Boone and other roads like the ones we were on.

We could do the "Bushwacker"..it starts At Black mountain and goes south....lots of places....lots of roads! :)
T

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just talked to my fellow Canadian Dave and he would prefer if we did the ride a week earlier in 2019. That way on the way home we can explore Virginia, Pennsylvania and other areas and take a week to go back.

On another note. If you didn't come to this event you missed a helluva great time!

Dan

·
Registered
199 Posts
I am down for whatever. I think that we should do it around a federal holiday so that most people will have that day off and not have to take a personal day. Tons of roads in TN and NC to explore so I don't think that would be an issue. There are also many roads in GA and WV. Looking to do a WV weekend ride coming soon so I can report back if anyone is interested in going there.

·
Super Moderator
6,101 Posts
The idea of planning it around a holiday is a good idea, however for Monica being the store manager she has to be at work on federal holidays.
We can make it there on Tuesday and stay the rest of the week.
Other than that we’re flexible on the dates the majority decides on. We’re just excited about everyone getting together again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,101 Posts
Ok, here’s a vote for the week of 09/02 thru 09/06 with that Friday being an optional travel day for those in attendance. That gives the attendees sat-sun to travel safely home and it gives our Canadian attendees good weather to travel more destinations after our rally.
Tell us whatcha think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
I agree working around a holiday...either that or closer to summer for me.. Since I teach school...june and july are best for me...but I can always take a few in september...I mean...I need those "mental health days" when dealing with 12 year olds.

T

·
4,681 Posts
I need those "mental health days" when dealing with 12 year olds.
Does that mean I have to act my age when I come and not my mental state?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not one bit...I ,mean...when I'm on my bike...I am as young as I feel...sometime 12 fits quite well!

T

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

Les, when you come you can choose whatever state you want as long as it is safe for everyone including yourself lol

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I agree working around a holiday...either that or closer to summer for me.. Since I teach school...june and july are best for me...but I can always take a few in september...I mean...I need those "mental health days" when dealing with 12 year olds.

T

Not sure how hot it gets in mountains in summertime, but imagine it’s pretty hot so I think September should serve better.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Seems that 09/02-09/06 time frame is a favorite now. What about the lodge? Waynesville? Little Switzerland?

Members should start chiming in so I can start a list!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Doesn't matter to me..either is fine...I liked the Waynesville one...Haven't stayed in Little Switzerland...but willing to try it!!!!

T

21 - 40 of 807 Posts