Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

441 - 460 of 807 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
The wife and I are still anxious about this trip. We can't wait for Sept to get here. I picked up a trailer this past week so we can trailer the bikes over and back. Been getting our bikes good and broken in too. Especially the wife.../forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
Hey @nutz4spd, It might be a stupid question... especially since I live in NC about 1.5hrs from you. WHY are you “trailering” your bikes into this rally? Why not join the rest of the group that’s riding out there together?
Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I have reservations....Sunday to Thursday...and I am bringing the Canadians with me...so...Toymaker, party of three...,.,ehehehehehehe...And Les...it is ok if Carla made the booking.....I think you will still show up.../forums/images/smilies/smile.gif))))))

T
I’m gonna have to watch myself! I don’t want to set the “wrong year” when adjusting the flux capacitor!

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
nutz4spd! So glad you guys are coming to the rally. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Les it’s alright that Carla made the reservations. Looking forward to seeing y’all too!
PIGirl and I have our reservations in, and prodding a few others to get theirs in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
I’m gonna have to watch myself! I don’t want to set the “wrong year” when adjusting the flux capacitor!

Yeah I heard you were in and out of time a few times this past week....gotta watch that temporal shift density window...I got into one once and was wearing a rust colored leisure suit and everyone else was wearing jeans and tee-shirts...talk about awkward....:)

T

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
Me likie Nurteaff! Aren’t we lucky to have so many great places to go to!
I’m telling y’all, get those reservations in! You don’t wanna miss all of the fun and fellowship we will experience in September!!

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
Good morning Members!
As each week passes, we get closer to ‘our’ rally! I highlighted our because it’s not my rally or anyone else’s, it’s OURS!
I want everyone to please understand that none of us that help organize our rally are paid to do so. We do it because we’re all family, and families support each other. I couldn’t do it all without those members that volunteer their time and effort. I couldn’t be prouder and honored to work with those that help put this together, we’re not only members, but friends as well.
So we want to share with you all the fun and fellowship we had last year, and expand it even more this year while making plans for the future.
As I’ve mentioned previously, if you need a place to rest overnight on your way there and near us, we have plenty of room. We’re all busy, we know this. We went from a two bedroom apartment while shopping for a house and luckily found our house. Now I have 22.37 acres and a 2316 sq ft home to keep up along with 3 vehicles, 4 bikes, my pit Sadie, and 3 outdoor kitties. Yes we understand busy!
So in closing, please come join us! You won’t be disappointed and you’ll return home anxious to attend the next years event. Thanks for those of you that have made reservations, those of you on the fence, pm us for any questions you may have, or ask them here in this thread. Remember this is your event, we want it to be the best, because you all are the best!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
114 days till our own "rolling thunder" in Smoky mountains! If you see this thread and haven't signed up yet, it's a good time to go to page one, read all the info, dial the number and make your reservation. We need you there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey @nutz4spd, It might be a stupid question... especially since I live in NC about 1.5hrs from you. WHY are you “trailering” your bikes into this rally? Why not join the rest of the group that’s riding out there together?
Just a thought.
I'm just one of those who over think things (thanks dad, I get it from him). Should something happen to one of the bikes I can just trailer it back home instead of trying to figure out how to get it back 5 hours away. Plus our bikes don't have saddle bags or anything and carrying a sack with a weeks worth of clothing etc would make for an uncomfortable ride. Unless you don't mind me smelling funky and wearing the same clothes everyday. ;-)

·
Super Moderator
4,490 Posts
Unless you don't mind me smelling funky and wearing the same clothes everyday. ;-)
I'm good with it as long as you stay down wind. 😂😃

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
Not a problem nutz4spd! We’ll all be smelling ripe, the blended odors will keep the bugs away, lol. Glad you are coming!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
@ChiefGunner...now you have my wife questioning about trailering the bikes. :rolleyes: She says she's fine either way but you know how that'll turn out. "My back is sore." "I'm tired." lol

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
@ChiefGunner...now you have my wife questioning about trailering the bikes. /forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif She says she's fine either way but you know how that'll turn out. "My back is sore." "I'm tired." lol
Don’t know what you’re talking about @nutz4spd, my wife falls asleep on the back of mine!😁

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
What’s up Members!!
Just turned over into June!!
Another week closer to our rally, c’mon and get those reservations in, I promise you won’t regret it!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,490 Posts
Let's talk a little more about daily activities. I'm the type who likes to plan, or at least have a general idea of options. I know y'all say I'm over thinking this. But I've been in transportation logistics for a while and it's just the way I am. So please bear with me.

Sunday, arrival day. Check in says 4pm. I'll be driving in from Fort Mill. Anyone from the Charlotte area driving in on Sunday, want to meet up and ride together. Anyone getting there early to socialize or go for a quick ride? Sunday dinner together?

Monday, meet for breakfast? About what time? Wheels of Time in the AM? Lunch together? Short ride in the afternoon? Do we bowl that night?

Tuesday, Mount Mitchell ride. That appears to be almost a full day trip with picture stops and lunch. Maybe do ice cream that night.

Wednesday, Ideas that have been mentioned, Copperhead Loop, Dragon Tail, Cherohala Skyway and zip lining? Do we stick together or split into smaller groups?

Thursday, breakfast together, short ride?

I understand that all is up to change. But how about we discuss here rather than waiting till we get there? Or y'all can tell me to shut up and it should be at least a month until my logistics side comes back. 😁

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #460
Since I might be able to come for only a day or two I’m up for whatever, but certainly wanna come on the day of Mt. Mitchell ride. I suggested a rough plan earlier, but only very few people responded. Since it’s nearly impossible to make every single person happy I suggest that Keith, Les, Chief make a plan and present it to the crowd and let every individual decide if they want to join the plan or do something else. When we met last year we stayed as one group when visited Wheels thru time and then the group broke down into smaller groups even though my original plan was to stay together on day 1. Just my .02.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

441 - 460 of 807 Posts