Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

41 - 60 of 807 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,101 Posts
I’ve had a few tell me they’d like to go back to Waynesville for 2019 one more time. I say let’s try it again and we can change venues in 2020. Just a thought, but I’m game for what the majority goes for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I’ve had a few tell me they’d like to go back to Waynesville for 2019 one more time. I say let’s try it again and we can change venues in 2020. Just a thought, but I’m game for what the majority goes for.

I agree. We need more input from members. Let’s keep this as alive as possible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,101 Posts
Will do, so members, tell us what what you’d like.
We’re here to help plan this for the majority and welcome any and all input.
Any suggestions, hints, and anything else you’d like to see more of, or less of, please be honest and share your thoughts. You can always pm either Nurteaff or me as well.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,681 Posts
Waynesville sounds good to me. First of September also works. But open to the veteran's input.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I vote Waynesville again. Accommodations were decent, price was reasonable, breakfast was EXCELLENT and the location was perfect with close access to MANY riding routes.
As far as time frame, I wouldn’t go any earlier than September. It’s hot with high humidity and almost DAILY thunderstorms.
That’s my input on the matter.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Count Susie And I in......one bike or trike.

You may find Waynesville Inn rates to be higher because of holiday and they may not be as willing to commit to large room block. Remember, their main business comes from golfers.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Count Susie And I in......one bike or trike.

You may find Waynesville Inn rates to be higher because of holiday and they may not be as willing to commit to large room block. Remember, their main business comes from golfers.
Thanks, Dick! I keep that in mind when call them. Second choice would be Little Switzerland, but rates may be even higher.

You and Susie are on the list!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just realized that September 7th, 2019 is the big fundraiser for our cancer hospital in Toronto next year and I have to be here for that so the following weekend (14th-15th) would be better for us to be able to attend. Even later in the month is good as nothing else is on our schedules after the 7th.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I’m ok with late September, but we all need to agree on the dates prior to attempting to make reservations. I expect members to chime in and comment on the dates.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,681 Posts
Was just talking to wife and week of September 8th - 14th or 15 - 21 works good for us. Our plan is to tow bike up to son's house, Fort Mill, NC. Spend a day or so there. Attend meet and greet, Tues - Thur?, then head back to son's for a few days. We are open for any week but I need to lock in vacation so the sooner we decide the better. Nurtaeff, would you add my wife, Carla, to the list. Thanks.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Was just talking to wife and week of September 8th - 14th or 15 - 21 works good for us. Our plan is to tow bike up to son's house, Fort Mill, NC. Spend a day or so there. Attend meet and greet, Tues - Thur?, then head back to son's for a few days. We are open for any week but I need to lock in vacation so the sooner we decide the better. Nurtaeff, would you add my wife, Carla, to the list. Thanks.

She is on the list, Les! Thanks for the comment on the dates!

41 - 60 of 807 Posts